In Labor

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I need some advice about my female cat that is pregnant and I think she's in labor right now cause she keeps meowing and asking for attention and something comes out from her private part.. But my male cat keeps breeding her .. What should I do? Will it affect the kittens inside her tummy somehow?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
His mating isnt dangerous for the kittens inside. But it bothers and stresses much the momma and THIS is bad.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Agree completely. Do not allow this to continue; take immediate action.

Do you need help finding a low cost spay and neuter clinic in your area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you for your response She is now blessed with her 4 newely born kittens and my male cat is watching over her ...

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I didn't separate the male and female cat because if the female cat can't see the male cat, she will be looking for him.. And yes the male cat is coparenting the kittens..

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I didn't separate the male and female cat because if the female cat can't see the male cat, she will be looking for him.. And yes the male cat is coparenting the kittens..
Swell, and not unique either. :)

The problem is, momma can get impregnated anew already a week after the delivery. Especielly having a fertile male with her, whom is eager to mate...

Its perhaps no immediate catastrophe, but not the desirable.

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Swell, and not unique either. :)

The problem is, momma can get impregnated anew already a week after the delivery. Especielly having a fertile male with her, whom is eager to mate...

Its perhaps no immediate catastrophe, but not the desirable.

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My mom said so too.. Thank you

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I come on an idea. Its common high pregs behave alike in heat. Usually they must display a full game of behavior, as there is no tom to help her out.

HERE there was a tom at hand, so she didnt need to say much, the tom helped her in her distress, with the help he could give.

So, its not at all sure he is a "sexual maniac". He perhaps was just an attentive, helpsome cat...

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I come on an idea. Its common high pregs behave alike in heat. Usually they must display a full game of behavior, as there is no tom to help her out.

HERE there was a tom at hand, so she didnt need to say much, the tom helped her in her distress, with the help he could give.

So, its not at all sure he is a "sexual maniac". He perhaps was just an attentive, helpsome cat...
I really trust my male cat cause he really loves her .. But to make sure that before the neuter schedule for my male cat my mom seperated them to be sure ..

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi! I have an 8 day old kittens.. And their mother is always breastfeeding it.. But when mother cat eats and drink her food.. I noticed that her kittens always yawn.. Is it fine for the kittens to yawn multiple times? Is it because its still hungry? Or mother cat doesn't have enough milk?

Last edited by a moderator:

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I suppose you mean 8 days. The yawning? It may be they are meowing without sound. (Many cats learn to meown firstly later on). They do meow if they are hungry or feel unsecure. Or it may be they are smelling smells with the mouth, the so called fleming, flemen, with the Jacobsen organ, which is in the roof of the mouth... Horses are renown for it, but cats has it too.

If they gets enough? The easiest to know, is to weigh them every day. If they add 10+ grammes a day, its good, if they add less its not so good. If they barely add or not at all, its bad, you must yourself give them kmr or goats milk...

But you perhaps can notice yourself if they seems to thrive, to be bigger, and heavier?? If they noticeably are thriwing, the daily weighting isnt as important.

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I suppose you mean 8 days. The yawning? It may be they are meowing without sound. (Many cats learn to meown firstly later on). They do meow if they are hungry or feel unsecure. Or it may be they are smelling smells with the mouth, the so called fleming, flemen, with the Jacobsen organ, which is in the roof of the mouth... Horses are renown for it, but cats has it too.

If they gets enough? The easiest to know, is to weigh them every day. If they add 10+ grammes a day, its good, if they add less its not so good. If they barely add or not at all, its bad, you must yourself give them kmr or goats milk...

But you perhaps can notice yourself if they seems to thrive, to be bigger, and heavier?? If they noticeably are thriwing, the daily weighting isnt as important.
I mean they are already 8 days old .. And we can see them getting bigger.. But we always see the kittens yawning.. Is it normal? They really yawn multiple times.. That's I'm worried about.. But I can see they are getting bigger too.. And I have another concern.. How old is the kittens be allowed to cut their nails?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If they gain, so they arent meowing from hunger. Why, they may even be yawning for real. Yawning in adult cats is not because they are sleepy, its really a friendship thing a greeting. So perhaps also with kittens?? They wanna to greet you!

Usually we dont cut nails of these infants, BUT if they bother you, or you notice they are scratching on each other or momma, its fully possible and allowed to trim them as is necessary. I dont think its any big deal with this. :)

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If you cut the kittens’ nails, trim just the very TIP only. Be very careful.

Karreeenna

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If they gain, so they arent meowing from hunger. Why, they may even be yawning for real. Yawning in adult cats is not because they are sleepy, its really a friendship thing a greeting. So perhaps also with kittens?? They wanna to greet you!

Usually we dont cut nails of these infants, BUT if they bother you, or you notice they are scratching on each other or momma, its fully possible and allowed to trim them as is necessary. I dont think its any big deal with this. :)
Ahhhhhhh thank you so much I was worried for nothing.. Thank you..