Imuquin Supplement Alternatives Or Affordable Source?

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My stepmom is caring for 3 kittens with ringworm and she’s been using this product to boost their immune system, as recommended by the vet. But it costs her about $27 for each box which contains 30 packets. She asked me if there are more affordable alternatives. I think it’s prescription but hey we buy Revolution for cheap from Australia without a prescription and it works just fine.

Product info:
https://www.pennvet.com/customer/wc...-78352a08-cdcb-41b5-ac04-ae5f74ec91d8-mztzkjD

It seams like what makes this product special is the Beta Glucan. So looking for something with that.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. I am not familiar with it, but did do an internet search. Of the few products out there specifically for pets, they all run about the same in cost. There are human forms of it, but I am not sure they are much less in cost, and wouldn't know how to translate usage for cats.

However, I did find this one product - at least you could read about it and see if it might be something you'd be interested in trying.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittyluv387

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Has she asked the vet if there are any discounts, samples or freebies that they know of? Sometimes manufactures will sell at reduced rates for certain things but I think the vet might be your best chance.

:goodluck:
Well they need 1 packet a day for each of the 3 kittens. So just eventually is pricey.

FeebysOwner FeebysOwner Thank you! I actually saw that supplement and recommended it to her! It has the beta glucan but other supplements are different since it's geared towards improving immune system of herpes cats, but I figure it might still help. I recommended that and human Omega 3s since that's the other main ingredient. I also looked into human beta glucan but couldn't really find info on dosage for cats so I knew we couldn't go that route. All the supplement companies keep that as a secret as proprietary information.