[IMP] CAT MEOWING VERY LOUDLY

RudrakshS

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,
I’m sorry for putting important tag on the title but its 5:20 am and there’s not a single minute my 6 month old female cat has gone without meowing loudly tonight. She has been continuously meowing very loudly at the point that they sound like deep screams. She is also being very affectionate which might indicate that she is in heat so I’mnot sure what to do. How do i stop her currently? She is not neutered.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I mean, if its the first time you excluded her from the bedroom, or she was unusually hungry and the food dish was empty overnight, its certainly theoretically possible its just her being a PITA about that. That happens. But given the age & the extra affection, certainly the overwhelming likelyhood is as FeebysOwner FeebysOwner mentioned.

If your vet cant get her in soon enough to preserve your sanity, look around. In my area, the low cost spay/neuter clinic is both cheaper and probably better for spay/neuter than regular vets because its 80% of what the clinic does.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Definitely in heat. It can last a week or so but then she should quiet down for another couple weeks before she begins a new heat cycle. It is difficult for both cats and their owners and she will instinctively do everything she can to get out to mate.