Immediate help please

acemush

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I am taking her to the vet but just to get a heads up what do you guy think this is? She just had a mass removal (mammary tumors) surgery a month ago that’s why she has no hair there. I just noticed this on her so i’m not sure how long she had it
1682952025393.png

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's either infected or an abscess. They may just leave it open to drain. no matter what she may be put on antibiotics. Get some lickable treats to put it in like Delectable Lickables. I've had cats with much bigger wounds than that and they healed fine. It just takes longer. This is not unusual, and there is no active bleeding. so try not to panic, teh vet will help her. bless you for helping her......

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I agree with the above, but sadly she may also need a cone (soft or inflatable ) to disable her to get to the incision as it heals with treatment.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If it is an abscess opening, licking is actually good for it as it keeps it open and draining. In nursing we had to debride them to keep them open.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

acemush

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sadly..... It's cancer.... Really do not know what to do as chemotherapy & radiation therapy on top of the surgery to remove it will be a lot of money... Without it.... She was given about 5 months....💔

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so sorry.....my heart breaks for you both. We're here any time you need us, may you both find the strength to get through this......