I'm Thinking Of Volunteering

prinny

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Toprecious - call the shelter and ask. The one from which I adopted my girl has at least one volunteer your age. :The Knox County shelter I visit has a form parents would have to fill out and they schedule regular hours for volunteers to lend them a hand. Or, in the alternative, they may let you do like my husband and I do - we just wander in whenever we feel like it and stay as long as we want. But please do call the sheler and talk to them. I'm sure they'd welcome you. Let us know what happens. And good on ya, honey, for wanting to help the cats.

toprecious2b14

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love all animals... When I'm older I'm going to be a Vet.. So I might volunteer to a shelter or vet hospital for experiance.. any way I just love taking care of the animals...

jeanie g.

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have my fingers crossed for you, Toprecious! Let us know what happens.

acatsmeow

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes I volunteer at my shelter couple times a week grooming cats and playing with kittens. It is kind a sad to see all those cats in cages especially older ones. Some of the cats stay there a long time and when I go there, it get very sad to see older ones everytime I go. To me it is very fun and exciting to volunteer. I tell it is more relaxing then the dogs. Mine is a no-kill shelter so we don't put cats down unless they are too feral, too sick and very injured. We get healthy cats homes. But it is really hard volunteerin there because you feel sorry and you want to adopt all the cats and you end up taking cats home with you. But there are happy endings; that makes me feel soo good. I think you would love it at the shelter volunteering you time.