I'm the angel of death for computers, it seems!

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
My 8yr-old pc finally died last week. I had a laptop I've only used for about a total of 24 hours over the past 3 years. Two days later, you guessed it! R.I.P. I'm now using DH's 7-yr-old laptop (his back-up computer), which is dying, too. My new pc is supposed to arrive tomorrow! It's an all-in-one, no tower. I hope I don't have to return it, especially as it seems hard to actually get any pc/laptop in stock, and most seem to be refurbished.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My 8yr-old pc finally died last week. I had a laptop I've only used for about a total of 24 hours over the past 3 years. Two days later, you guessed it! R.I.P. I'm now using DH's 7-yr-old laptop (his back-up computer), which is dying, too. My new pc is supposed to arrive tomorrow! It's an all-in-one, no tower. I hope I don't have to return it, especially as it seems hard to actually get any pc/laptop in stock, and most seem to be refurbished.
Eight years is about the maximum you can expect from a computer. That's a good innings. Good luck with your new one! Not sure where you are, but if you're in the US, may I recommend newegg.com where I buy all my IT stuff. They have excellent deals, customer service, and shipping.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
My sympathies. I have an eleven year old HP still running Windows 7. What is stopping me from purchasing a new one is not the computer itself, but replacing the expensive Microsoft and photo editing software as well probably the printer if I can’t update its drivers. It just all seems like a PITA so I just hang on.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
HP worst customer servce! Wireless keyboard never worked, trying for replacement. Using awkward touch screen 1.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HP worst customer servce! Wireless keyboard never worked, trying for replacement. Using awkward touch screen 1.
I make it a point to avoid wireless. And touchscreen. I like a nice basic desktop that will work well for me. ASUS is and has always been my brand. I have a small form factor (very small tower) that I bought through newegg.com. Very nice system.