I'm sure there's no solution to this problem

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Abbey keeps trying to get in Dylan's cosleeper at night! It's so annoying. I have to sleep at the edge of the bed and use my body as a wall, and still sometimes she gets in there and I wake up to him crying because she is licking his little bald head and using her claws to hold him still. Sigh. I get woken up more by my cats then I do my seven week old. I can't lock her out then I'd have to lock Cammy out too, and they will beat the door down. And I'd feel bad. I guess I just have to keep doing what I'm doing.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I know I shouldn't find it as amusing as I do. Abbey is treating Dylan just like she would with a kitten. With luck the two will always be close if she's that fond of him.

I don't know if this is an option, but back before AC and window screens people would put mosquito netting up around beds and cribs. Maybe some some of canopy and a weighted net draped around it would keep her out?

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Awwww, she's just being a good meowmy to him! I like the idea of the mosquito netting. Wonder if something like a baby gate laid over the top would work, too.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ugh! Ok, tonight Abbey woke me up three times so far. Dylan? Just once, to eat. Only to me would it happen that I get a baby that's the best sleeper ever but still can't get quality sleep because of my kitty!

Yes, her licking his head was amusing and cute the first couple times it happened. lol, not anymore! He does NOT appreciate it!

Anyway, the thing about the co sleeper is very shallow from the bed part to the top and on the side that hooks to the bed is much lower then the other three sides so I can reach in or whatever. So anything like that is just going to annoy me, and not really keep her out because of the side. I'll just deal with it. I was really just complaining more then anything else. When he moves into his crib though I'll have to buy one of those crib net things. I don't want to be running in there four times a night.