im so furious.. sorry this is gonna be a rant!

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i have a 16 yo daughter named saffron who just went to the corner shop 5 min literally away from my house to get a pkt of chips and she was walking back just now (and its daylight!!!) and came in all dirty n ashen looking.. i asked her what happened and she told me a man came up behind her while she had her music on (headph) and she didnt hear him and he shoved her really hard and she fell onto the ground ... shes limping from a swollen ankle and her knees are scratched up and so are her hands and arms from breaking the fall... while she was on the ground he called her some ugly names which i will not mention but im sure u can imagine.. im SO SO FURIOUS!!!!!!!! so i went up the street an had a look around but obviously he wasnt gonna wait for me to come and smack the **** outta him of course but ...SO FURIOUS!!!!!!! ... im gonna find out who did it n they r gonna be sorry. im reporting this to the cops!
.  if this rant is inappropriate please feel free to delete it .. i appologise in advance.. im just fuming so bad! . this is gonna eat at me ALL NIGHT!

Last edited by a moderator:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How awful!  I am thankful she wasn't hurt worse than she was and glad you are taking action with the police.  I hope the catch the person responsible.  My prayers will be with you and your family.  What a traumatic experience...

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
That's terrible. Poor girl!

Do they have CCTV on the streets in your area? Did she get a good look at the guy? I hope they catch him soon, nasty piece of work

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

That's terrible. Poor girl!

Do they have CCTV on the streets in your area? Did she get a good look at the guy? I hope they catch him soon, nasty piece of work
The cops told me they werent going to BOTHER for something so small! i lost my temper and they told ME they'd arrest ME if i didnt calm down..this country is UNBELIEVABLE!

They had a serial rapist roaming this area last year they didnt catch him but they arent going to "BOTHER" with this!  there was a string of physical assaults before this guy struck but this 'is MY  doing for letting her go by herself!?" im not a happy camper and i WILL find out who did it!

no they have NO CTV in this area at ALL except at the malls!

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

How awful!  I am thankful she wasn't hurt worse than she was and glad you are taking action with the police.  I hope the catch the person responsible.  My prayers will be with you and your family.  What a traumatic experience...
physically shes going to be ok but she doesnt wanna go outside by herself now.Thankyou for your thoughts xx

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
No she didnt see him unfortunately.She told me she didnt recognise his voice either. When i asked her why she didnt get up and go beserk at him  (something shes not norm shy about doing...you wouldnt believe this childs vocab when mad! lol) She told me that when he spoke and called her names she got the feeling that if she did he would really hurt her.so she waited on the ground until she heard him run off. When she turned to look she saw him from behind, said he looked like an older guy and taller than her. Saffron is very tall for her age at 5'6.I  am only 5'4. I told the cops all this and they said o well!

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am so sorry this happened to your daughter.  It isn't just your country that seems to be going crazy it's turning into a worldwide phenomenon..  I hope your daughter gets past this.

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
i just find the police response UNACCEPTABLE! this was a daytime attack and people would have seen it and did nothing!

Last edited:

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
no it happened across the road on the way back. this area is considered to be the worst in this state! Its populated with ex n current criminals! No cameras anywhere.they dont even have one at the shop she went to!!! i HATE living here but its all i can afford sadly.It is NOT  uncommon to have sex assaults, stabbings etc here and the police would rather not deal with it!
Their attitude frankly sux! I never allow her to go anywhere at night but you would think she'd be safe in the day.She goes there by herself all the time and never had this occur

Last edited:

raysmyheart

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am sorry your daughter and you are going through this.  It is not right and very traumatic.  My thoughts and prayers are with you!

kookycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
So sorry that your daughter had to go thru this. And it's unbelievable that the police don't consider it important enough to follow up. Is there any higher authority that you can appeal to?

abby robertson

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
So sorry that your daughter had to go thru this. And it's unbelievable that the police don't consider it important enough to follow up. Is there any higher authority that you can appeal to?
Not sure.To be honest i think this guy may be the serial offender and im expecting more attacks on women  

Last edited:

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's an outrage they won't do anything.  I am sad; your daughter deserves justice.  Even if they didn't catch him, I'm sure it would be of some comfort to her if they would at least make an attempt.  

swampwitch

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's really horrible this happened to your daughter (and to you), I'm very sorry to hear about it. I have an independent 17-year old daughter and am always concerned about someone doing something like this. It's a very sad fact that young women are not safe by themselves when they are out, they just aren't. Too often they are viewed as prey, but there are things that can be done to help.

I hope they catch the guy, but you know there's always another jerk around the corner. Like everything else in life, we can't control what others do we can only control how we act. I don't blame your daughter one bit for not wanting to go back outside by herself right now. Hopefully, you can help her reverse that since she needs to restore her confidence again.

It's pretty incredible that anyone would blame you for letting your daughter go out by herself. That's our job as parents, to help our children become independent adults. But there are precautions she can take to help lower the odds of something like this happening again. It sounds like she already has very good instincts, and she was smart to follow them to avoid more harm.

Have your daughter avoid risky neighborhoods if at all possible. Even if she has to take a longer route, take the safer one. Tell her to never wear earbuds when walking by herself. We need all of our senses when we are out, not just to keep track of the people around us (and what they are doing), but also to hear and avoid cars and other dangers. Walk with a friend whenever possible, and avoid walking after dark. Don't walk through parks or alleys at night, especially when alone. Walk with confidence, even if you are not feeling that way. Your daughter might benefit from a self-defense class - just knowing how to act in a dangerous situation helps us feel safer.

If a class is impossible, maybe you could go on the internet together and look up the information. If I am being attacked, what should I do? What are the attacker's vulnerable parts? Should I make noise, fight, or run? What if I'm on foot and someone is following me in a car? Maybe you could practice some basic self-defense moves to help her get her confidence back (and help you feel better, too). Good luck! 

Last edited: