I'm not the marrying kind?!

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sheesh! It wasn't even about the perfume... it was about the cooties defense.

And, even with some perfumes.. you just simply *can't* not have a strong scent.... some of them are just strong.. and one of my favorites is that way. Opium is the best scent on the market, but it's definitely a wintertime perfume. But there are ways to avoid the tingling tongue syndrome. Spray it in the hair and on the clothes. The scent lasts longer, stays truer, and then isn't on the skin.

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I think I should have gone over some of those questions with my ex
like numbers 1-20

As for perfume, I always wear body spray that is coordinated with my shower gel and lotion
layer layer layer. I would love to have a really nice perfume though. as for guys wearing cologne, as long as he doesn't bathe in it, there is nothing that gets me hot and bothered faster than a guy's cologne
I especially LOVE Obsession

katiemae1277

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

mm, obsession is tasy... eternity, cool water.. there's a bunch.
I tend to like the musky, warm ones
there was a kind that my high school friend wore and I never got him to tell me what it was, but if I ever smell it, boy does it bring back memories

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Thinking more about the article....it's a tool and like any tool, it's effectiveness is tied directly to who uses it and how it's used. Susan Piver is just one of the many self help authors that have come out recently:

http://www.susanpiver.com/new book.htm

I used to joke that I was going to write the pre menopause self help book because it always seemed to me that the women writing these books were effectively in their late 40s/50s and trying to share advice with the "younger generations".

The truth is...you could answer all the questions, decide you were meant to be and still end up getting divorced. The questions are built around who you are now...not who you are in 5 or 10 or 15 years. It also assumes you will answer them honestly instead of trying to match what you think your partner wants.

But I do see a benefit in knowing as much as you can about yourself and your partner before you walk into a marriage versus discovering things afterwards. I guess no one else on this board has walked into a relationship with rose colored glasses, but as someone who has...having more information that is concrete to base a decision on versus the fluttering of your heart...is actually quite useful.

Katie

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no, I did walk into a bunch of relationships that way (rose-colored glasses)... now if I could only find a happy medium between naive and cynical...

theimp98

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by CatsAreBetter

. Opium is the best scent on the market, but it's definitely a wintertime perfume. But there are ways to avoid the tingling tongue syndrome. Spray it in the hair and on the clothes. The scent lasts longer, stays truer, and then isn't on the skin.
ohh no wonder we cant get along, i hate opium perfume,
eyes water , each breath feels like it burns i walked out on a date once years ago when the lady came back from the bathroom with that on. plus it smells bad, lol my thinking anyway

But anyway its funny what little things, are just a pain when it comes this whole dating thing. No wonder i refuse to do it again.

karl

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
For what it's worth, at one time the phrase "not the marrying type" was a euphemism for "homosexual".

Ladies: Boys are no good. Throw rocks at them.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Karl

For what it's worth, at one time the phrase "not the marrying type" was a euphemism for "homosexual".

Ladies: Boys are no good. Throw rocks at them.
Karl....LOL...Boys are no good....Men however
...although I've known plenty of Boys in Mens clothing. I don't make that much, so to avoid lawsuits...I simply try to avoid the Boys versus throw stones at them.

Katie

mark kumpf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Take your mind back - I dont know when
Sometime when it always seemed
To be just us and them
Girls that wore pink
And boys that wore blue
Boys that always grew up better men
Than me and you

Whats a man now - whats a man mean
Is he rough or is he rugged
Is he cultural and clean
Now its all change - its got to change more
cause we think its getting better
But nobodys really sure

And so it goes - go round again
But now and then we wonder who the real men are

See the nice boys - dancing in pairs
Golden earring golden tan
Blow-wave in the hair
Sure theyre all straight - straight as a line
All the gays are macho
Cant you see their leather shine

You dont want to sound dumb - dont want to offend
So dont call me a faggot
Not unless you are a friend
Then if youre tall and handsome and strong
You can wear the uniform and I could play along

Time to get scared - time to change plan
Dont know how to treat a lady
Dont know how to be a man
Time to admit - what you call defeat
cause theres women running past you now
And you just drag your feet

Man makes a gun - man goes to war
Man can kill and man can drink
And man can take a *****
Kill all the blacks - kill all the reds
And if theres war between the sexes
Then therell be no people left

catsarebetter

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by theimp98

ohh no wonder we cant get along, i hate opium perfume,
eyes water , each breath feels like it burns i walked out on a date once years ago when the lady came back from the bathroom with that on. plus it smells bad, lol my thinking anyway

But anyway its funny what little things, are just a pain when it comes this whole dating thing. No wonder i refuse to do it again.
Yeah, it's one of the perfumes you either love or hate... although I have to admit that it's a perfume that several people I know have previously hated until I wore it... and then when I wore it they were sniffing me and saying... mmmm, that smells Soooooo good...what are you wearing?? And when I told them they're like,... really??? I've never liked that perfume but it smells totally different than I remember it.

So, I don't know if they changed the fragrance or if it just interacts with my body chemistry than it does with other peoples..

I also wear anais anais, pleasures, cool water, truth, versace woman, ck one and ck be.. farenheit.. favorites are pleasures, anais anais, versace and opium.

Of course, on the dating scene.. my sister had gone to France and brought me back *real* opium perfume.. and I was talking to the guy I was dating online, and I told him my sister had brought me real opium back from France when she went to the UK (having already told him that I wore the perfume...) and he got all up in a huff and stopped dating me, telling me that he wasn't going to date people that made those kinds of bad decisions, and on and on in a lecture about drugs.. (and I'm like sitting there trying to figure out what the heck he's talking about..) and I was like the perfume, you freaking idiot. He's like, yeah, right. I was like do you really think that she's stupid enough to try to smuggle the drug through an airport?????? It was altogether stupid, especially considering that I'd been talking about how perfumes from France are different than perfumes made in the US, and how the scent is more pure and longer lasting, etc.... Yet one more reason why I gave up on trying to date. Besides, I'm not going to date someone who wants to misplace my kitties' spots on my bed.