Im Leaving My Kitten For 6 Weeks

Sierraerinn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, so in August I'll have to leave my kitten(which will be 3 at this time) for 6 weeks for a business trip. I'm leaving Aries (my kitten) with my grandma which we live with. For the most part though, he's pretty attached to me and he stays in our room even when I'm not there. But he's only 9 weeks old right now. I was just curious as to how me being gone for those 6 weeks will affect him. Thank you guys I'm advance for the advice!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Sierraerinn

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Also, I forgot to mention the fact that I already work 12 hour shifts now and that's third shift. He's pretty happy and he seems pretty okay when I get back home in the mornings.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
I'd reccommend getting a professional pet-sitter to watch him. They will come to your home 2-3 times per day, and feed and play with Aries, as well as scoop his litterbox. Be sure to leave out toys for Aries to play with, as well as cat trees and scratchers. Since you still have time until August, you could get another kitty playmate for Aries (plenty of time for the introduction process). That way, he won't be lonely between pet-sitter visits or when you're at work. We have plenty of threads about introducing two cats, so I'm sure that if you do decide to adopt another kitty, TCS members would be able to help you out with any problems you may encounter. :)

FriendOfTheCatBoys

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay, so in August I'll have to leave my kitten(which will be 3 at this time) for 6 weeks for a business trip. I'm leaving Aries (my kitten) with my grandma which we live with. For the most part though, he's pretty attached to me and he stays in our room even when I'm not there. But he's only 9 weeks old right now. I was just curious as to how me being gone for those 6 weeks will affect him. Thank you guys I'm advance for the advice!
3 what? I don't follow.