I'm leaving for 24 days and I'm worried about my cat

Crystaljanie511

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I've had Sookie for two years and she's a wonderful cat. We live with my boyfriend but I take care of her 99.9% of the time. I'm going away in two days for a month and I'm so worried about her. The longest I've ever left her was over night. I'm going to call home every night and let her hear my voice here and there and I thought about giving my boyfriend a shirt of mine to take to her so she can smell me. Do you think these are going to be helpful? It breaks my heart thinking she's going to be thinking I just left her

vince

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've left my cats for an extended trip of several weeks' duration a couple of times. They were just fine. I think yours will be fine, too. Your idea of calling them and leaving a shirt for them is good, too.

Talien

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The shirt and phone calls are a good idea, but without knowing just how attached she is to you it's hard to say what might help.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would bring or buy some tshirts. Then wear that t-shirt to bed a night or two, seal in a ziplock bag and overnight it to her once or twice a week. (& leave her with a t-shirt when you fly out.) That way she can still be near your scent.

I’m sure she will be fine. However because I worry I would by a calming aid to put on her food and/or a feliway diffuser. Be sure you take your vets info so they can prescribe a light sedative/ kitty xanex if you have an easily stressed out cat that will over stress to badly. Maybe your bf facetiming or zooming you everyday to show you that she is OK, will put your mind at ease?