Im In Big Trouble With My Cats Plz Help

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well my neighbour is veeeeerryyy angry about my cats destroying her garden flowers... my little boys are very naught and keeps running the field playing under the flowers and destroying the plants stems -.-
I'm so confused what to do I have many yards around my house but idk they just prefer my nighbour garden -.-"""
What should I do to make them away...
Will be much appreciated if I give me good solutions that 100% work!!
Thank youuu

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I always scold them and then playing with them after calling them into my yards

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Your cats would not understand you "scolding" them, so I suggest you keep them indoors or build a catio for them if possible.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Unfortunately, as Maria Bayote Maria Bayote posted, cats don't understand scolding, so there really is no way to get them to stay out of your neighbour's yard, other than keeping them inside, building them a catio, or possibly putting a fence around your own yard. The fence, of course, would need to be "cat proofed" and since cats can climb, that isn't easy to do.

Here's a couple TCS articles that might be helpful:
Cat Enclosures | TheCatSite
How To Make Your Home Bigger (at Least For Your Cats) | TheCatSite
How To Prevent Your Cat From Darting Out The Door | TheCatSite

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yes, build them an enclosure to stay in and that way they can enjoy the outside and be safe at the same time. There are many 'chicken coops' out there now, and even on sale at farm supply stores, you might look into that, they even have little boxes for them to go into. Neighbors have no emotional attachment to your boys so would think nothing of sending them to the shelter, calling the authorities, or even harming them. You must keep them inside or enclosed to keep them safe. I have had cats killed by cars after running free for over ten years, so harm can come sooner or later. Good luck!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Even though you would like to have your cats be able to be outdoors, you have to respect your neighbors and their property. Not to mention, that if you continue to ignore them - as said above - they may decide to take matters into their own hands in order to stop the damage to their property.

Look into buying or building a catio - it can even contain an entry way into your home (maybe through a window) so they can have access as freely as you want them to. There are tons of different products and designs for catios, this one is just one example.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

areen

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ooo... I think I will take your advice as to build them a catrees and playhouzes for them .. but a catio? It's like keeping a cat in a cage and my cats are not used to being unfree T_T ( my parents will never let me get cats indoor ) so offically I have an outdoor cats...
When i sed.. i scolded my little boys.. I did not harm them or shout@it blabla I just repeated words at them with showing here no etc.. (sounds silly ya but maybe it work after many times ^^"")

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
As others have mentioned, scolding them is not going to do any good. They have no idea why you are doing that even if you are not yelling at them. The only way you're going to keep them from the neighbor's yard is to only let them out when they are supervised (like on a harness/leash) or if they are in an enclosure. I understand that your cats are not used to this but that does not mean that they cannot get used to it. It's not only for their own good it's not fair to the neighbors. They should be able to enjoy the garden they planted without it being torn up. The longer this goes on, the more likely it is that they will do something about it since they do not think you will. This is also going to cause bad feelings between your families if it already has not. Cats are adaptable creatures. Many cats enjoy having a place of their own like a catio or other enclosure where they can enjoy nature and not have to worry about predators or other issues.

Last edited:

Diana Faye

Always and Forever, Irving
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ooo... I think I will take your advice as to build them a catrees and playhouzes for them .. but a catio? It's like keeping a cat in a cage and my cats are not used to being unfree T_T ( my parents will never let me get cats indoor ) so offically I have an outdoor cats...
When i sed.. i scolded my little boys.. I did not harm them or shout@it blabla I just repeated words at them with showing here no etc.. (sounds silly ya but maybe it work after many times ^^"")
Cats can be pretty adaptable, although some may be set in their ways. Are your cats feral or used to people?. A catio is not the same as a small cage and would still allow them to enjoy the sights and sounds of the outdoors without getting into trouble. Depending on what you have to work with, you could create your own kitty palace. I've seen pics of a guy who had entire catwalks all over his property (dream goals lol). There's also smaller, portable enclosures and training to walk on a leash and harness is also an option.

I can understand your concern with keeping them permanently confined, if they are never allowed to be indoors. Do they have any kind of shelter now? Even the wildest cats need a place to stay warm and get out of the elements. Would your parents be willing to help you build an enclosure, or cat proof fencing around the yard? If not, you are going to have constantly grumpy neighbors and depending on the situation I might be concerned with retaliation. If your parents are unwilling to provide basic care (shelter, vaccinations, etc) and the neighbors become more of an issue, you may want to consider an alternative plan for them.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Take this seriously.

I would apologize and give the neighbour a gift certificate to a local greenhouse so they may replace the plants.

I would also buy and give the neighbour a motion detector activated water sprinkler. Make sure they know how to use it and hook it up for them if need be.

I have used one to keep racoons from tearing up the lawn...it was very effective.

This situation may get much worse if you dont get involved.

Once the cats get sprayed a few times they likely wont bother the garden anymore.

This is a much better option than having them hurt, poisoned or taken to the pound.