Im In A State Of Panic, Someone Please Help Me (im Sorry Cat).

ImSoSorry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so my cat which has grown up with my younger brother for a few months from a kitten, is now around the age of 3-4 months (so not really a kitten now), i picked him up to stroke him but he came back at me with a huge slash across my shoulder and cheek.
I'm 15 so i'm not sure what to do what so ever.

(back to the story)
Basically, i got my cat and threw him (not very hard) onto the floor around 2 meters in front of me but i don't know if the cat is hurt or not, as soon as i did this the cat went into some state of shock which I've never seen him do before, he just sat still with a tiny nosebleed, he seemed extremely loving as he didn't want to leave me, but i went upstairs, came back down a few minutes later, the cat moves very little now (happened 30 mins ago, just found this site) i came back down and he was just curled up asleep in the other room, the nosebleed and lack of movement are the points that seriously scare me. when ever i touch him he meows loudly like he now hates me, lack of movement and had a tiny nosebleed ( first ever nosebleed).

someone please tell me what is wrong if something is, i don't know what to do, i feel extremely guilty and sick, sorry to the people in stress about what i did but it was out of random retaliation.

orange&white

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You need to get him to a vet as soon as you possibly can get someone to drive him. The bloody nose may (or may not) be bleeding in the brain, but he needs medical attention. He may also have an injury to one of his vertebrae in the neck or spine. Sorry he scratched you. Throwing him is a natural reflex reaction to being harmed, but I'm afraid he did not land in a good position and may be seriously injured.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ImSoSorry

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
update : he seems normal now just slower reactions and seems to be tired alot, the nose bleed was miniscule, seems to have stopped

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Anything under a year old is still a kitten.

Even though it is a small distance in your scale and not a hard throw, a throw of 2 meters for a 3-4 month old kitten would be the equivalent of someone tossing you 9 meters onto a concrete floor from at least a story up. While cats have a reputation for landing on their feet and can take big falls without injury; it sounds like he landed wrong and got hurt.

You need to tell your parents what you did and take him to a vet immediately. He could be very injured. That he got a nosebleed means there was injury to his head from the fall. Cat's don't show injury the same way people do but his behavior is classic for a cat who is hurt and needs help. Being tired and lethargic are red flags in cats and if he got a head injury (which seems likely) it is a sign of serious problems.

Yanaka

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
A kitten can't handle landing like an adult can, and a kitten should be jumping around all the time when he's awake, not being slow and tired. All red flags on top of the bleed. Please let us know

arouetta

Slave of Bastet's acolytes
Top Cat
Purraise
I do hope we hear something.

I can't find fault with the OP. She's a kid, her brain is still maturing, and I've been there when a cat clawed my face and I remember how frightening it is and how instinct took over. This is just bad luck all the way around. I really hope the kitten is doing well.