I'm Freaking out ! After cat spay and declaw !help

Taraann

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Just need some advice My kitten that's almost 6 months old needed to be spayed and front paws declaw this would be my fifth cat that I do this with and I have never been through what I'm going through right now with my female tuxedo Tolena :-( she was sent home with pain meds after staying 3 days for them to look after her The vet said she was fine and give her pain meds for 5 days everything was fine for those 5 days once she was off of the meds the first day was okay she was playing but still moving slow. This is Day 10 and she is not acting herself at all she doesn't want to do anything she's sleeping all day long she doesn't want to drink and she looks loaded but she's not loaded which is weird. So also the last two nights and today she's twitching and shaking her head every now and then also scared of her own tail she doesn't move around too much Just wants to stay in my bed and definitely wants me with her at all times or she cries and when she had the surgery I didn't know she was already in heat she's not 6 months yet but she will be soon so they said her incision would be longer and that's it and they never told me anything about all this that I'm going through with her she just looks bad like declining her incision looks okay to me and her paws look okay please help I really don't want to put her through another car ride because she hated it and I don't want to get her worked up any advice would be great.

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Mod Note

The Cat Site is a pro-spay&neuter and anti-declaw site.

Declawing – More Than Just A Manicure – TheCatSite Articles

Declawing And Alternatives – TheCatSite Articles

That being said, what's done is done. Please try to offer some support and advice in this thread rather than bashing the original poster.

Taraann Taraann it sounds like your cat is in pain. I suggest you send some photos and a video of her head shaking to your vet and ask what they suggest.

If you have other cats in the future please consider the alternatives to declawing. It is a painful and unnecessary procedure that has long term health and behaviour implications for the cat.

Declawing – Post-surgery Care And Complications – TheCatSite Articles

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I would definitely call your vet. It's possible that she picked up an upper respiratory infection from the stress of the surgery and staying at the clinic.