I'm Being Held Captive By My Own Cat!

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I posted about Kaia my cat about a month ago who got pregnant on New Years. Well she's giving birth in my tub right now and she will not let me leave! Guys I am so tired but whenever I leave she starts meowing really loudly! I don't want her to wake my family up but we just got back from a long road trip and I really want to go to sleep just for a little not all night. I tried getting my brother to take shifts with me but he won't have it. Is there some way I can leave And, why does she meow so loudly when I do?

I just want to sleep for like 5 minutes.:sleep2::sweat:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I tried laying down but she started meowing the second I went you of her sight and wouldn't stop until I pet her. So comfort is not a option. I do love her and I will do anything for her so if that means sitting up all night in a small bathroom, tired, and uncomfortable then I'll do it. The situation is quite funny though she literally held in her kittens so I would have to be there to pet her she literally prolonged her pregnancy! I feel like she did this on purpose. The second I opened the door to put our luggage inside she made me follow her to my room where she jumped up on my bed made me hold her and without any warning 'leaked' all over me... Yet I still love her. And yeah I'll post many pictures! I'm very excited!

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her first kitten is here! He looks like a black and white or black and grey male cat. One of the single most healthiest kittens I've ever seen! I don't want to put a picture yet since she's still dealing with all the after birth but, I will definitely post some tomorrow! Now I'm gonna try and get some sleep!:sleep:

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yay! So glad to hear that the first kitten looks great. *Crossing fingers* that any others are the same.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Give us an update when you can! It was nice of you to stay up with her. She clearly needed her “doula”! :)

Kittens and chickens

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay she had two more kittens one when I woke up this morning and one sometime during the night. She's having another one right now. So far all three of them are male one all black and the other two are silver with black stripes. Like I said I'll post pictures of them once they're all cleaned and fed. They're all really healthy! I'll post later bye!

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww.... baby kitty nuggets. I tried to see it on my phone when you first posted but the kittens are so dark they are hard to see. But on the computer I can make them out. Looks like a black one and two dark tabbies?

If you haven't already, you should use a small kitchen scale to weigh them regularly. A weight drop is usually the first or only sign that kittens may be in trouble. Weighing Newborn Kittens (and How This Could Save Their Lives) Hopefully you have great weight gains every day and no problems, but its safer to stay on top of it.

Mamalolo93

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitty just gave birth also! She crawled under my covers and popped out 4 kittens!
WHAT A MESS.
it happened so fast for her first litter, she had seven all together but one was still born.

Congrats on being a mama!
I am so tired right now I had to make bed on the hard floor to make sure she was okay.
She woke me up for love multiple times through the night.
Afterwards I moved her to the birth home I made her <3
20180307_222915.jpg

They do love us!!