I'm At A Loss

cryptic

Mama to Jinx and Java
Young Cat
Purraise
Adopted Java, now an almost one year old Tortie, back in July. She was at the time, between 8-12 weeks old. She was amazing, wonderful, super affectionate, and loved EVERYONE. I mean, everyone - you came into the house and she was in your face, mewling for attention.
So, one day, I came home from work and this cat was no where to be found. Strange, as she usually greets me. After some searching, I found her wide-eyed, hiding behind the couch, a fear-filled expression on her face. She was scared of me, because as soon as I held out my hand, she tore out of the room and upstairs. Since then, I've been ignoring her and letting her come to me if she pleases, but no such luck. As soon as I come into the same room she's in, she's gone - she only likes my mom it seems. She won't come near my boyfriend or I.
No idea what happened, this was entirely random. I'm the main feeder of all the animals in the house, and around mealtime she'll allow me to be in the same room as her, but other than that, she's in my mom's room, curled on her lap seeking her love and affection.
The problem is I can't have a cat that is so terrified of me, understandably. My mom can't keep her and I move out in less than two months. It's frustrating and has taken such a toll on me that it's the only thing I think about at work - why does my cat suddenly not like me?
This has been going on for about 5 days now. She bit me randomly the other day as well, no warning. Just snagged my hand as I was sitting in a chair. My concern is maybe in this teenage phase (she'll be a year in April) that her true colors are coming out and she's only wanting to bond with one person, which is my mom. It's super sad to see my once loving, affection-seeking girl look at me with such hate and terror.
What do I do? I can't keep a cat that's biting and fleeing from me. It's not fair to either of us, but I feel as though getting rid of her isn't the option either.
I've tried treats, positive reinforcement, toys, ignoring her, sleeping in the same room as her - she always sleeps on my mom's bed, so I slept in her bed with her the other night. Usually that means Java will at some point, curl up with her. But because I was in her room, on her bed, she wouldn't even come in the room. I want to strengthen our bond and earn her trust, but I don't know what I did. I fear that maybe she's a one-person cat.

tinydestroyer

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm not sure what it could be, but it sounds like she's afraid of something that she's inadvertently associating with you, (or everyone else but your mom.) You said that you feed all the animals in the house. Does Java get along with all of them? Have you noticed any changes in her behavior to them? It seems like if something happened, it did so while you were gone. It might not be a permanent change in her personality, though.
If you move out, (which will also probably be stressful for her, but no getting around that,) you will have the opportunity to set completely new routines. Once she gets used to the new place, she might settle back down. Will your mom or any of the other animals be going with you and Java?

Etarre

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Did anything else change in your routine, your scent, or anything around the house (noises, etc.)?