Im a Newbie

scoobydoo2345

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my name is sam and im from ohio. i have all rescue cats. i have 5 cats a dog 2 hamsters and 2 ferrets.

i love to share my story with all people on my cats.

when i was going into 9th grade i never owned a cat(s). i got Cartman the maine coon. he was rescued from an abusive owner. the owner used the cat as a dog toy she would throw the cat and dog would go and bring him back as if they were playing fetch. she would swing him by his tail against the wall. i caught the cat and brought him home. my friend who lived down the street had cats. i went down there and asked to borrow some food. and he was my garage cat. i thought he was a she so his name was Pimpet. so for a while he was a girl. till he started to "grow" down there. then i realized its a male. then changed his name. i had the cat for about a 4 months. when August of 04 came, another one of my friends brought a kitten to me.

i asked him where did he find it at? i found it in a garage. i said ok ill take it in.the kitten was at least 2 wks old. so i had the kitten for a couple of days. then a day later the same kid brought me 3 more kittens. so now i had 4. the mama cat was no where in sight. so i fed the kittens and the ate as much as they could. Cartman took to them as his babies. then my Shepard named Duchess tried to nurse them. the dog wasnt pregnant or nursing. i thought it was cute. then 2 days later the same kid brought me the final kitten. we named her Lucky. she was so hungry i thought he was going to burst.

every couple of hours i would get up and feed them. the next day i checked them out and they were covered in fleas. i gave them a soap bath and picked the fleas out with a tweezer. that was a pain but i did it for them. i weaned them off of milk replacer and started them on a soft canned cat food diet. they ate that for a couple of weeks then i gradually put in some kitten kibble. then eventually they were on the kitten diet. now litter box training was coming up fast. i put all 5 in the litter box and they wernt aloud to leave until they went potty. after 2 wks of this they actually went in there all by themselves. now it was time to name them after observing them and personalities.

so we came up with the names Blue, Smokey, Tigger, Patches, and Lucky. Blue and Smokey had their had homes already. Tigger i gave to my mom for a b-day present. Patches and Lucky are mine. along with Cartman. so about a year later my mom had a patient that had ALOT of cats around 50. most of them were drop offs. my mom was telling me about this extremely sick kitten. i took the kiiten home and tried to nurse it back to health. but it died the next morning. well a couple of days later we went back out there and got another one. shes an inbred. the only thing worng with her is she gets scabs. but other than that shes healthy. we named her Squishy. then later she started to look like a squirrel and we changed her name to Squirrel. to this day they are my lucky babies and i love them alot. i had a huge offer on Cartman and i turned that down. Cartman loves to go for car rides.

Buddy is my german shepard husky mix he is 1 1/2 yrs old i got him for free from the neighbors down the street.

Diego is my silver ferret hes deaf. he is 4 months old.

Weezy Diegos sister she is a sable. she is also 4 months old.

sorry for my long intro i just love to tells stories on what happened to my babies.

deedeemay

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hello and Welcome to TCS!

Wow, what an amazing person you are saving those poor cats, we are glad to hear your story.

If you have any questions about your cats or the forums, you can ask members and they will answer them for you or point you in the right direction.

Glad to have you here with us!

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

Hi Sam,

You have a wonderful animal family.

I hope that you share photos with us soon.
As you learn your way around our site, if you have questions, click on my username, send a Private Message, I will do what I can to help. Please make yourself at home.

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenido a TCS, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)

Please feel as you home here, we can learn so much and deep about out kittys in this marvelous site, I just only please ask you read the rules and other stuffs that can help you to feel as you Real home!..
here you have the link my friend.
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/showthread.php?t=82565

Please ask whatever you need to know, there are plenty of good members and of course our tireness Mod´s to help us here!....

See you on the forums!, Glad that you join us!

ricky_ponting

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Welcome to the forum! I am glad to meet you hope you will be glad to post views with us

pami

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! You sound like you certainly have a house full. Im sure it is so rewarding to help these babies, as you have.

Please let us know if you have any questions navigating around.