I'll reintroduce myself...

crystal211

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hello! I have been a member here since 2002 and I've posted off and on throughout the years. I thought I'd reintroduce myself because I've become more active on forums lately (I used to just lurk and get information, only posting when I had a specific issue).

My name is Crystal and my fiancÃ[emoji]169[/emoji] (Erik) and I have four amazing little kitties, Tinkerbell, Minnie, Jazmine, and Trixie. You can see each of their pictures in my signature in that order.

Tinkerbell was our first, we found her abandoned by her mom behind our apartment building at just two weeks old. We took her in on a Saturday with the intent of cleaning her up, feeding her, and taking her to the shelter on Monday...but then we couldn't give her up.

Minnie came next, about six months later, from the shelter as a friend for Tinkerbell, who we noticed got lonely when we were both away at classes.

Erik found Jazmine on the streets about six months after that - she had obviously been abused (we're assuming by males, she's deathly afraid of all males she meets).

Trixie was our last addition, last September...my sister and I stopped into Petsmart to pick up some things and her shelter was there with two big cages of kittens...so of course we had to stop and visit!
I got to talking with the lady because she was bottle-feeding a kitten about three weeks old...and I told her about Tink, and then our other cats. After a bit I noticed a carrier off to the side and asked her what was in there...and she said a 6 month old kitten who only had three legs. Her brother had been adopted but she had been left behind because of her missing a leg. I was so upset about that, I hate when people are stupid...and I pulled her out and fell in love. She was the sweetest little thing and had the softest fur...and I was on my phone immediately to Erik and she was adopted within 20 minutes.
The lady had tears in her eyes when we said goodbye, she was so happy...and she called me the next night to check on her and we chatted a bit. What a great shelter.

So anyway, that's us...looking forward to jumping in a bit more than I did before. I started out on here when we first got Tink...and now with four under my belt, hopefully I can also offer some advice.

aphrodeia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't think I ever knew the history of your cats, Crystal. Glad I got the chance to learn!