If Your Cat Won't Tolerate Dangling Tags On Their Collar (like Mine) Try Paper And Clear Tape!

Gizmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat has been mostly tolerating and keeping on his new collar we got for him before we moved a couple weeks ago and I have a sticker of his microchip code attached to it but I also wanted my number on it to be extra safe so, since I knew he hates the noisy ID tags and I couldn't purchase a non dangly ID tag I just wrote my # on a piece of paper then secured it with clear tape. (I make sure the collar is tight enough to where he can't chew off the tape but still loose enough to fit 2-3 fingers) Some of you might already know this but I just did this today and am pretty happy with how convenient and easy it is so I decided to share! Not very pretty but safety over aesthetics.

Attachments

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
My cats don't mind the tags, but the little tinkly bells drive them nuts! You can get customized collars with your cats name and your number embroidered on them.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are tags that slide onto a collar like this.

Do you have the name of the microchip company on the tag as well? It makes it a lot easier for a shelter or vet to know which company the microchip ID number is registered with if they don't have the right scanner on hand to check the chip (there isn't a universal scanner for all the different types of pet microchips out there).

A single dangly tag isn't noisy, IMO. One of my cats has three dangly tags on a single split ring and it's only briefly noisy when my cat scratches at his neck or head.

PushPurrCatPaws

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I've not tried this for a cat collar (your clear tape idea), but it's been my experience that that sort of clear tape on fabric will not be permanent at all.