If You Feed Your Kitty With More Than One Dry/wet Food. What Is Your Schedule?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed a mixture of wet & dry food every day.

Wet food : 2x Brit Premium Chicken 100g on mon, wed, sat
1x Animonda Carny 200g on tue, sun
2x Schesir Bio Chicken 80g on fri
2x Schesir Tuna 100g on thu

Dry food: 75g of Orijen Cat & Kitten every day.
(To me weird) fact: My Hima has a strong preference to mousse/pate texture in wet food, and most fishes don't sit well with her. Her exception for both is Brit Premium Cod Fish as long as I only give it like once every couple of months.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MissClouseau

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I feed my cats wet food in the morning at 5am, then leave dry for them to eat all throughout the day. Then another wet food when I reach the house at 6pm, and another wet food before going to sleep at 9 or 10pm, then sometimes a light early morning meal of wet food at 1am.

They usually do not eat much every serving, so this one pouch or small can of wet food is divided between Bourbon and Barley everytime. For Graham I also give him half of his kitten food every meal.

So all in all, 3 to 4x of wet food in a day.
Dry food is always available.
Do you use the same brand/flavor in the same day usually or?

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I do not have a picky cat except in terms of getting the same food too often, so that is easily avoided. For wet I use brands Rawz, Weruva, Nutro, Feline Natural, Farmina, Tiki, Purely Fancy Feast, and Fussie Cat. Her one dry meal is at night from the automatic feeder and that's dry Fussie Cat. I don't rotate this, because historically if she's going the barf recognizable food it will almost always be her dry.

Of the wet, she eats most flavors, so we rotate brands and flavors within brands. I feed whatever I feel like she hasn't had in awhile. Weruva is the main source and I feed anything from them that comes in a can, no pouches.

The time schedule is less flexible, as I feel that a lot (not all) of cat pestering is due to the cat not being sure when they will be fed next. She gets 5:30a, when I get up; 4:30p, when I get home from work; 9:30p, random time that seems to work; 2:30a from the automatic because if she has to go from 9:30 to 5:30 she tends to barf bile early in the morning. The 0 dark thirty auto feeding has completely solved that problem. YMMV on all of this, of course.