If you didn't scoop the litterbox, would someone else do it?

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by dawnofsierra

Not unless we had a visit from the litterbox ferry.
Whaddaya gotta do to get her to come? Knock a tooth out?

I am the only scooper, and cleaner for that matter. Then he has the nerve to complain when I clean it out in the tub. I use 2 little pan liners, so the box is pretty clean... I'm just not happy unless I scrub it with something good once a week, to keep odors down.

mamacat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I scoop on weekdays and DH scoops on weekends, mostly just because he is working now and I am not. While he is getting ready for work, I give the kitties breakfast and scoopen da poopen, as we call it around here.
On the weekends he is always awake before me, so he gives them breakfast and scoops. When we were both working, it was the other way around, he scooped during the week and I scooped on the weekends--I'm too slow getting ready in the morning, so I never would have gotten to work on time if I had to scoop too.

I am the only one who ever completely changes out the litter and scrubs the box though. That definitely would not get done if it weren't for me. And I'm the only one who cleans the human bathroom.

bob'smom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Since I'm the only one I do all my own scooping. The few times I've gone on vacation since having cats either my brother or father will come over and do it.

urbantigers

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No-one else here to do it but I don't mind doing it anyway. I scoop clumping litter twice a day. It's quick, easy and very rarely smelly. No big deal! It's never been one of those things I'm bothered about. It beats changing nappies any day

graykittenlove

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I too live alone so if I don't scoop it doesn't get done. And Gandalf has a really sensative stomach so sometimes his number two is really stinky so it gets done often.

It will be interesting to see how often it gets done once the move is done. There will be two more people in the house so maybe I'll have help.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
I can't complain. Although I'm responsible for feeding, scooping, walking, etc., DH takes care of everything except walkies whenever I'm away (a month a year), or incapacitated, and doesn't even moan about it.

fwan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LuckyGirl

Whaddaya gotta do to get her to come? Knock a tooth out?

I am the only scooper, and cleaner for that matter. Then he has the nerve to complain when I clean it out in the tub. I use 2 little pan liners, so the box is pretty clean... I'm just not happy unless I scrub it with something good once a week, to keep odors down.
I do that too

zissou'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha!!

If you guys'll believe this, at my sister's house it's her husband's job to clean the litterboxes and his own bathroom. And he actually does it, well, at least the litterboxes.

Here, my exboyfriend would never clean the box ever. When we broke up he tried for a second to claim that Zissou was his (I don't think he actually would have tried to keep her though) and I just said, What are you going to clean out her litterbox every day? And that was the end of the discussion.

Now that we're just roommates he won't do it either, but once I had the flu very bad and her box was dirty so I asked him to put more clean litter in the pan and he did that, also if the bucket (28-lb) is full I can't lift it very well so he'll do that too. But no way is he scooping. When Zissou was sick and diahrrhea was all over (before I could clean it up) she pooped on my lap and he puked out the window. Yes, out the window.

I think women are better at dealing with bodily fluids in general though, since we're usually the ones taking care of bleeding and babies and such.