If You Could Visit Anywhere On Earth...

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where would you visit?
(Assuming this is free of charge, free of travel expenses, and somehow some magic portal would deliver you to your destination(s) and supply you with food, currency, and the ability to speak that language?)

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem. Alas, the West Bank simply isn't safe enough to ever have taken the risk.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
My absolute, total complete 100% most favorite place on earth - the Badlands of South Dakota. Makes me seriously wistful just thinking about it, geez I miss that place...

Or, more to your question, Scotland. :D If they'd take me in, I'd very possibly move there in a heartbeat.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Everywhere!

I think Egypt to see the pyramids would be amazing. I need Australia to complete my 7 continent set. I'd love to go to India. Back to Croatia.

...There's probably very few places I wouldn't want to go.

HellsBells80

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I have never been in America and I would love to go, I'd like to travel around though, more specifically the more southern states.
Well I'd just love to see it all really :lol:

I mean I live in northern Ireland, which is a lovely little country but it's not that big and there's just fields of grass everywhere, it gets a bit dull.:sigh:

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have never been in America and I would love to go, I'd like to travel around though, more specifically the more southern states.
Well I'd just love to see it all really :lol:

I mean I live in northern Ireland, which is a lovely little country but it's not that big and there's just fields of grass everywhere, it gets a bit dull.:sigh:
:wave3:

Come on down! Don't come in the summer though. I don't think you're ready for the heat and humidity. :sunshine:

I want to check out lots of places. France and Italy first. I could move to Paris tomorrow and happily live on bread, cheese and wine. :cloud9:

aquisces

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Where would you visit?
(Assuming this is free of charge, free of travel expenses, and somehow some magic portal would deliver you to your destination(s) and supply you with food, currency, and the ability to speak that language?)
St. Petersburg, Russia! I have degrees in French and Russian. I have lived in Paris briefly but have never been to Russia and would love to go, of course. Also... Wales! My ancestors are Welsh, my last name is literally Welch, and heritage is so interesting and important to me. Also, it’s a beautiful country, it seems to me!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

1 bruce 1

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm a weirdo and have a fascination with cemeteries and would LOVE to visit England's Highgate. You tube has a small virtual tour, lovely place.
Also, the old Jewish Cemetery in Prague. Love to see it in person and pay respects.

And, I'm not nearly brave enough but I kind of want to visit the Palermo Catacombs of Sicily.
I won't link a video, because it's not necessarily a "nice" or family/kid friendly place. I'm fascinated by it. But I can truthfully see myself traveling all the way there, buying a ticket or whatever, waiting in line for 6 hours, then being admitted and taking two steps down into the ground, then freaking out and running back bawling for Mommy...
(If you're curious, google it. Really interesting, but a bit off by today's USA standards, but fascinating.)

DreamerRose

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd like to go to England and see all the historic places, palaces, country homes, and estates. There are many other places I'd like to see too like Greece and Rome, but England is first on my list.

Furballsmom Furballsmom - My son took me on a tour of the Black Hills and western South Dakota a few years ago, and the Badlands were unreal. Like a moonscape. And lots of signs prohibiting fossil hunting.
100_0116.jpg

Kat0121

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I'm a weirdo and have a fascination with cemeteries and would LOVE to visit England's Highgate. You tube has a small virtual tour, lovely place.
Also, the old Jewish Cemetery in Prague. Love to see it in person and pay respects.

And, I'm not nearly brave enough but I kind of want to visit the Palermo Catacombs of Sicily.
I won't link a video, because it's not necessarily a "nice" or family/kid friendly place. I'm fascinated by it. But I can truthfully see myself traveling all the way there, buying a ticket or whatever, waiting in line for 6 hours, then being admitted and taking two steps down into the ground, then freaking out and running back bawling for Mommy...
(If you're curious, google it. Really interesting, but a bit off by today's USA standards, but fascinating.)
I have a fascination with cemeteries too. Especially small, old out of the way ones.

aquisces

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

Ohhh yes sign me up for catacombs and cemeteries and other creepy places! Love the macabre.

mightyboosh

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It's very atmospheric and what you'd create for a spooky film set.

America's own Sylvia Plath is buried just a few miles from me in a quaint little place called Heptonstall.