Identify This Cat Please?

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi, found this cat on the streets and will try to place her. Any idea on her breed?

Attachments

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It looks like her eyes are light blue? My best guess is seal point (possibly seal tortie point) with white, harlequin pattern, domestic longhair.

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
She has tortie coloration on her back, so I’d go with seal tortie point Domestic Longhair. She’s a very pretty cat!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Her eyes are blue. She cannot be a Turkish Van mix?

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
No, I wouldn't say Turkish Van mix. She is a pointed cat with white, so both of her parents would have had to carry the colorpoint gene. That color is not found in Turkish Vans. The color is similar to a Ragdoll bicolor, but with a lot more white than you would see on a Ragdoll.

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I was trying to read about seal point and they talk about Simese... how does this apply to her?

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Actually I am gonna read the article posted about how to recognize colors on your site, thank you.

lutece

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was trying to read about seal point and they talk about Simese... how does this apply to her?
Here is a picture of a seal point bicolor Ragdoll. Your cat's color is similar to this but with more white (and possibly some tortoiseshell pattern on her back, it's hard for me to tell from the pictures).
sealbich.jpg

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Im thinking on turkish angora. Fairly purebred (ie probably astray from home).
Also I cant imagine such a beutie would be homeless.

Is she chipped?

I would bet on her being astray Turkish Angora but the blue eyes makes it more complicated.

Is she point and white? If so are points allowed for ta? I know nowadays are "all" colors allowed.

Or is she blueeyed as many ta are - although she isnt pure white so she shouldnt.

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It took five months of feeding her as a feral to finally being able to catch her. At the end, she became very comfortable just laying in the middle of the alley with everyone around.

Once caught, she is hiding. I was able to get her 2 feet away from me by feeding. But because of her claws and hiding, we could not take her to a vet yet. I just ordered a scanner and waiting in the mail. I will scan other strays in the neighborhood. While out she made friends with another cat and we have them both in the apartment playing together all the time.

KSV

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
It took five months of feeding her as a feral to finally being able to catch her. At the end, she became very comfortable just laying in the middle of the alley with everyone around.

Once caught, she is hiding. I was able to get her 2 feet away from me by feeding. But because of her claws and hiding, we could not take her to a vet yet. I just ordered a scanner and waiting in the mail. I will scan other strays in the neighborhood. While out she made friends with another cat and we have them both in the apartment playing together all the time.
Her eyes are blue. They look intense next to white coat.