Identification Authentication!

cnbaxter09

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My husband and I are having an on-going debate as to the breed of our newest family member. She is a very unique little one, and while we understand that she is most likely NOT a purebred, we are really just hoping to narrow it down to at least two possibilities. He thinks she has some Siamese in her because of the sharpness of her face, and I am leaning more toward a Bengal or Egyptian Mau due to her coloring and strange fur texture. Any help is greatly appreciated!

Last edited by a moderator:

mservant

The Mouse servant
Veteran
Purraise
I was just browsing and saw your post of your new fur-family member.  What a lovely young cat.  She has adorable striped tabby markings and a very pretty face.  I agree that her smaller, heart shaped face and large ears have more of an Oriental short hair look  about them. I would not say she is like any particular breed.  I haven't seen Bengal or Mau kittens to know their fur texture but it certainly doesn't have the appearance of the mature cats which are very smooth and glossy though thick.

She is very pretty and mischievous looking.  I hope you are enjoying your life being turned up side down by her.  

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise

more of an Oriental short hair look  about them
If you think oriental, it means also it MAY be siamese ancestry too.  As these breeds are very near akin to each other.  And statistically, there are more siameses than orientals.

Good luck!    @CNBaxter09