Ideas To Get More Water Into A Cat Ignoring Wet Food

mikameek

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I know this is a long stretch but Mika is just all about the dry food right now. She is munching down so happy on it that it's all she wants to eat now. I can't get her to eat any wet food I put in front of her. I plan to go out and get her new foods and try some brands and flavors she likes. Maybe a new bag of dry.

In the mean time, I need ideas on getting more water into her. I haven't invested in a fountain yet but she ignored my roommates 2 fountains so I don't think it would be useful.

Sorry for always having the rock and a hard place situations.

Hugospal

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have a polar bowl that one of my cats loves. You put it in the freezer and then it keeps water cold for most of the day. I filter and refrigerate their water in a pitcher with a filter. These might help if your cats like to drink cold water. Like I said, my one cat loves cold water, but the other one doesnt seem to care about the temp of the water too much.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Both of my Ragdolls love to drink water like it was food. They don't mind room temperature at all. But they're afraid of facet water for bathing. They keep themselves clean but I wish I could lather them up in Dawn Dish Washing Blue Liquid soon. There are a million dry food varieties out there, from Meow Mix to Orijen. Whatever happened to Tender Vittles?

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Many cats like the broths they make for cats. I think I saw fancy feast and maybe Sheba ones that look pretty decent. They come in many different flavors. You could always go out a pick up a few to see if she will like them. They are widely available. Good luck :goodluck::heartshape:

ArchyCat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All four of my cats drink water from metal bowls, stainless steel, I think. I just clean the bowls once a day with a scrubbing pad. No soap. One cat eats all dry kibble, her choice. The other three daily eat a mix of dry and wet food. None of them has a problem with drinking insufficient water.

Daisy6

A cat's best friend
Super Cat
Purraise
I don't use soap on water bowls either. Daisy has two steel water bowls that have rubber on the bottom (which came in pawdy when she was a kitten). For food, she eats out of ceramic bowls.

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I wash my stainless steel bowls with Dawn Dish Washing Liquid with no problem.