Ideas for your cat's paw prints?

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I never got paw prints made for my first cat (Sidney) when she left us. I recently received Amber's paw prints and they are just so lovely. I forgot how small her paws were and she usually didn't like having them touched.

However, I'm not sure what they are made of and they are quite soft and delicate. I'm worried they might degrade over time if handled too often. I would hate that. I'm wondering if any of you have ideas or things you've done with your cat's paw prints? Can they be put in a frame of some kind, or otherwise protected but displayed for viewing and remembering? Any specific recommendations or thoughts?

(Mods, please move to a different forum if you think it more appropriate elsewhere, I was unsure.)

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I never got paw prints made for my first cat (Sidney) when she left us. I recently received Amber's paw prints and they are just so lovely. I forgot how small her paws were and she usually didn't like having them touched.

However, I'm not sure what they are made of and they are quite soft and delicate. I'm worried they might degrade over time if handled too often. I would hate that. I'm wondering if any of you have ideas or things you've done with your cat's paw prints? Can they be put in a frame of some kind, or otherwise protected but displayed for viewing and remembering? Any specific recommendations or thoughts?

(Mods, please move to a different forum if you think it more appropriate elsewhere, I was unsure.)
I have paw prints from the dvm they did at euthanasia for Sybil, Giorgio and Jezibel. For some reason no one ever asked if I wanted them before so I did not get them for my Wizard, Angie, Byron or others which is so sad because they are wonderful to have.

Sybil and Giorgio were done at dvm and were some type of plaster, his was heavier. Jezibel was done at cremation and they are some sort of softer material. Sybil and Jezibel’s were put in a frame to protect them. I am not sure why Georgio’s were not in a frame and they took longer to dry, that is what I vaguely remember- I have to go look at them now. I think you can buy a frame on Amazon maybe.

I also did paw prints of Quinn when he was about six months old with a kit I bought at a craft store- that was a softer material and I made it into an ornament to hang up.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
We buried my first kitty in the backyard, so we never got pawprints.

Thanks for sharing about your own cats and their pawprints. Do you think a shadowbox type frame would be best? I'll have to pop by a craft store and see what they have...I'd rather see it in person if I can to make sure it will work and looks nice.

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We buried my first kitty in the backyard, so we never got pawprints.

Thanks for sharing about your own cats and their pawprints. Do you think a shadowbox type frame would be best? I'll have to pop by a craft store and see what they have...I'd rather see it in person if I can to make sure it will work and looks nice.
Yw 😀 I think a small shadow box may work and you could put photos of her in it as well and a toy, fur etc.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sidneykitty

Foster mama
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok thanks! :hearthrob: Good idea - I've got her collar and tags I could do something with, too.

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have Casper's paw prints, they are kept in a leather box made for them. It seems pretty airtight so hopefully the prints will stay looking good. I don't usually open it either - it's on our mantel with his collar on top of the box. I'm sure I've seen frames made for those. Maybe someone on Etsy might have something suitable?