Ideas for cat's first birthday?

crazycatlady248

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My sweet little Arya is going to be one on February 18th and I was wondering if anyone had any ideas on what I should do or make for her for her birthday? I have work and class that day so I wont be spending the whole day with her, but I was thinking about maybe making something for her but I am not sure what. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!! :D
This was her the other morning, I went in the kitchen to get coffee and this is what I turned around to see haha! (Ps, she never gets up on the stools, its not a normal occurrence lol) How cute is that!!! 

cheylink

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
  That face is adorable
!!!!!!! It's all about what you think will make it a special day for her, she's not counting the days so she wont mid if you change the date.

For Maia i make sure she gets a birthday meal and a lot of her favorite toy and/or playtime. She loves boxes and bags so one year I set up a  long cardboard tunnel with bags at ends that she could dive into.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, that girl is just adorable! Such a sweetie! 
 Maybe her favorite can of food, some extra play time. You must pick her up first thing that morning and dance with her, singing "Happy BIrthday!". 
 It's a must! Lots of birthday kisses, too.

We usually give a can of Fancy Feast to the birthday cat. And we buy a small toy or something for him/her.

Back when Banshee alive, her birthday was September 20th. I always took the day off work and spent it with her. (I watch Supernatural and I buy the seasons' DVDs, so I would be getting the season prior to the new season in September right about that time. Banshee and I would have a Supernatural marathon session, where I'd be on the couch with her in my lap the entire day. I'd watch SN and she'd sleep. She pretty much spent the entire day either on my chest or in my lap...she was a lap kitty.) When I interviewed for my present job, my boss-to-be asked me if I had any questions or comments. And I said, "Well, I always need Sept 20th off work. Every year." He asked me why and I said, "Because it's my cat's birthday!" He looked at me and asked if I was serious. "Serious as anything." He hired me anyway and when it got close to Sept 20th, he came into my office and asked me if I was really taking that day off. And I did. I managed to take every birthday off work, but one (and that was because I had a seminar that I could not miss). 

I don't do that with the cats we have now. She was the only one.

blackcat416

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
She is a cutie pie! Love those innocent poses. Well I have 7 cats and for Christmas we got them a tree house. Perhaps a little 2 foot one for her Birthday. Amazon has some really nice cat hammocks.

Or just a nice box with some holes cut out works just as well.

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
We give the birthday cat a can of Fancy Feast and lots of cuddles, treats, and kisses- last year on Gracie’s birthday we bought her some kitty-safe stuffed animals (that she soon ripped the heads off of) and a nice low cat condo for her to climb on. The other fur-kids and us makes sure to sing a chorus of “Happy Birthday” for her. Some of my kitties are quite the singers. 

On Pippi’s first birthday (also her first anniversary at our house) DH took a day off work and finished building her little cat cradle bed that she loves. It’s a tradition for each kitty’s first birthday.

Arya is so adorable- what a sweet baby. Looks like she wants some coffee!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazycatlady248

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the ideas! I give her two tablespoons of wet food a day, so on her birthday ill probably just give her some extra! I am going to buy her a few toys, we honestly have too much cat furniture for her as it is lol!! Maybe one of those cloth bag things! She is a spoiled little girl, but I couldn't have a birthday without buying her something! This is one toy I am considering 

gcat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Thank you everyone for the ideas! I give her two tablespoons of wet food a day, so on her birthday ill probably just give her some extra! I am going to buy her a few toys, we honestly have too much cat furniture for her as it is lol!! Maybe one of those cloth bag things! She is a spoiled little girl, but I couldn't have a birthday without buying her something! This is one toy I am considering 

That looks like a fun toy with the three layers. I can imagine her chasing one ball while trying to keep another in its place. Good choice! 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

crazycatlady248

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I ended up just spending the day at home with her, got her a bunch of new toys, and played with some of her old favorites! It was a day full of wet food, snuggles and play time :) she had fun I know!!!!! :)