Ice Cream And Muskmelon

Selena800

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
yesterday i was eating ice cream my cat came and lick the ice cream a little bit he only lick the ice cream today my other cat came and she lick the muskmelon she was licking and licking I searched on google see that it’s not good for them so I remove it from the table it was for me so i eat it :D i hope ice cream and muskmelon is not very bad because they only eat a little amount of it is it ok???

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Probably just a few licks isn't going to be a big deal. I occasionally even give Feeby a small spoonful of cottage cheese. Of course, all cats are different, so just keep an eye out on them for vomiting or other signs of illness. You could also call the vet and ask about it. But, I truly think it will be alright.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
As mentioned, the small amounts they consumed probably aren't harmful.

Instead of ice cream with its sugar, you could try a little unflavoured cream, either heavy cream or half-and-half.
You could even try a little bit of some green beans, or plain, organic or homemade applesauce occasionally :)

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
A few licks most likely won't cause any harm.

For future reference, here's a list of foods to avoid giving to your cat: People Foods to Avoid Feeding Your Pets

While raw meat meat, raw eggs, and raw bones are on that list, many people feed raw diets to their cats that include such foods and have no issues with them. Cooked meat and a whole cooked egg is fine to give to a cat but never cooked bones.