IBS or sensitive system?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks for explaining!!!

Wonder why Petco/petsmart doesn't sell it??

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by smokiethecat

Thanks for explaining!!!

Wonder why Petco/petsmart doesn't sell it??
Because it is made by diamond and they market to mom and pop and feed stores

mmc32879

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I went through something similar with my Male cat Marley, he used to get diarrhea a lot. We took him to the vet and they tested him for everything but couldn't find anything. What worked for me, and please check with a vet to make sure it's okay, but I used to give him regular wet food with about a half a tablespoon of mashed pumpkin mixed in once a day for a few days. The kind you would use for pumpkin pie is fine just make sure it's pure with no added ingredients like spices. I also buy him dry food for sensitive systems. He is almost 2 1/2 now and we haven't had any problems with him for a while. I don't know if he just grew out of it or what but hopefully your cat will clear up as well. But the pumpkin really did work for him so it may be worth a try.

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I may need to go and pick up some pumpkin as the runs started back up again today!!!!Dang it.
I noticed in the poo what looked like clear snot.....looked like it and had the consistancy of it.
Does this sound familiar to anyone as a sign of anything in particular?

I'm considering maybe I need to go all wet?
How do you go about even getting started? cold turkey?

Thanks.

living in poopsville.......

harlowquin

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I had a problem sim to yours also. After months of trying things here and there I bought some Benapac. I also thought my cat had a grain allergy so I purchased Organix cat food as it has no corn. Things are just great now. My cat has normal stools. I feel your pain! The runs were so hard to clean up. I had to clean her bum and the litter box smell was terrible.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by smokiethecat

I may need to go and pick up some pumpkin as the runs started back up again today!!!!Dang it.
I noticed in the poo what looked like clear snot.....looked like it and had the consistancy of it.
Does this sound familiar to anyone as a sign of anything in particular?

I'm considering maybe I need to go all wet?
How do you go about even getting started? cold turkey?

Thanks.

living in poopsville.......
If you want to do wet ,... you may want to slowly intro it ... I would use the benebac if you can find it also

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does the clear snot like stuff that is in some of her stools mean anything?
She acts great....not sick at all. I will be asking the vet MOnday morning,but
I'd like to see if you all know anything about that...or something similar.

I think i will first fully transfer her over to Taste of the wild and see how that goes and then maybe add a high quality wet on the side. hmmmmm. so many decisions to think about.

where can I get benapac? Is this from the vet or petco or what? Is it a liquid,pill????

Yes,it is very tiring to have to clean up all this. She was locked in the basement all day yesterday when the runs started again. Its our laundry room/storage/cat center down there. Its cement floors. I'd rather she poo on that than our new oak hardwood floors!!! or my rugs.
She went all night without an accident so I let her out again. She reads the Sunday paper with me.........

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It could ( I am not the one to ask as I have a IBS dog
that is ideal in her case
)

Petco has it check the small animal area ( same stuff ) or the bird area )... Petsmart has it often in multiple area s .. it it a gel and comes in a tiny tube ...

I do like to have wet food as a part of the diet... a quick search on site will yeild you enough stuff and ideas to keep you very busy

smokiethecat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I checked petco on line and it didn't turn up anything,but maybe I spelled it wrong-benepac?
Yes, I will have to put in some heavy reading on wet food now
I know she likes FF,but she has turned her nose up at Newmans and Nutro so far when I tried in the past. She seems to like the shredded/chunky ones rather than the pate style dinners.

I've been mixing the taste of the wild into their old food,but they don't seem to like it much. I hope that changes....thank heavens I didn't get the chance to buy the 15 lb bag yet.

thanks all.