IBS cat diet

Sean Channing

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I posted a couple of weeks ago about my cat's toilet troubles and incontinence symptoms. After seeing the vet she suspected IBS and has put Helga on royal canin hypoallergenic dry food. Now I have been researching and it says the it can take two - four weeks for the diet to improve their symptoms? It has only been one week and half. So far I notice the smell is nowhere as bad and the amount of soiling outside litter box seems to have reduced. However she is needing her bottom washed as the feces seem to stick to her. Has anyone else used this diet for their cats? How long did it take to see results? I'd like to hear other people's experiences. The frustrating and worrying thing for me is that I might try this for weeks or even months, and still be no further forward.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi
I'm a bit confused. You're already seeing that the smell is a lot better, and she's able to go in the box better. This is quite an improvement.

Can you trim the fur under her tail and upper back legs? I have to do this with my boy. He squats so low that his fur sometimes gets dragged through the pee.