I would like to make Prissy part of the familey

golden_moon_luv

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Ok,

for the longest I been wanting to make prissy part of the family, but I have no clue on doing this. The resident cats have a room to their own, so at night i know Prissy could have roam of the house. We can't plcae her in the bathroom during the day since for one it's too small and two the door don't close right.Our bedroom has 2 doors to it and is a little crowded, but I could place her there during the day. She is totally use the outdoors and can tolorate being inside for a while, what am i saying ui can hardly get her out of the house.

Ok Prissy was or use to be owned by someone. She is fixed and still remembers the cat litter.

I have 8 cats and well how can I get them all use to one another(Prissy). They have seen each other before and smelled one another. Prissy is older than 2 years old I believe and my cats are all under a year old, she is use to us and sometimes get a free night of stay in our home.

Ashely

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Quite frankly you have enough animals to worry about feeding and taking care of without adding yet another to the mix. You have already made it clear enough in other posts that you can't really afford the cats you have now-

Bringing in a new cat is always opening up your resident cats to stress, and stress leads to illness, and illness to vet bills- Even if this cat visits one day a week inside, that is a far cry from putting her into a confined area and making her stay there, when she is used to the openess of the outdoors.

deb25

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would also add that adding a stray who has been outside is dangerous because you don't know what illness she might bring to the house. Are all of your cats up to date on their vaccinations? Prissy would need to see the vet before you thought about bringing her in on a permanent basis. And yes, you should isolate a new cat and introduce gradually. Doesn't sound like you have a good arrangement for that.

kittylover4ever

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ashley, I know your heart is in the right place, but I have to agree with Hissy and Deb......