I would like to know my cat's breed pls

smelled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
108015402_327772045049797_6301641285041786963_n.jpg

Hi
I have a cat that my brother took her in after she was found at a monastery, we didn't know her breed or age only could guess she was a kitten (later found she's was 3-4 months, now she's 5 months), her hair was cut (found her like that) so we don't actually know her actually the length of her fur,
I was looking around at cat breeds and thought maybe a mix Maine coon (mainly because of her tail and head shape) but I'm not sure since she small (she's around est 28 cm long, height is 20cm est)
her characteristics(?) are
  • energetic
  • curious
  • jumping around a lot
  • she likes playing with water taps (doesn't mind water)
  • she likes sitting on laps and cuddling
  • shy but becomes playful with people she meets
  • likes being followed around and doesn't like being left alone
  • not very obedient

116698017_591360071433383_1147598267365401099_n.jpg
107917573_321645619237982_8310340655061668235_n.jpg

118326264_1219064018455877_6178574549942852290_n.jpg

if anyone knows what breed she is, please give me tips because I never had a cat before.
thanks for reading and taking your time.

The Goodbye Bird

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
She has a very, very unique snout that with its large cheeks, could be Maine Coon. However, it's also slightly, slightly pushed-in and she has very big eyes, so she also could be part Persian or British Shorthair (Persians are the ones that I think have larger-than-normal eyes).

The breed that is famous for not hating water is Ragdoll.

Some people bred Persians and Ragdolls (and other longhairs) together to get Ragamuffins. Here is a picture of a Ragamuffin's face.

fun-facts-about-ragamuffin-cats.jpg

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi! She is sooooo pretty! She is likely of no particular breed, most cats are not. But, to describe her coloring/pattern of her coat I believe she would be considered a dilute caliby - that is a combination of tabby and calico in less intense colors (hence the word 'dilute'). I also think based on her tail, she might very well be considered long haired.

The "M" marking on her forehead, and the striping on her are typical of tabby cats. The calico comes into play since she appears to be tri-colored (white, red, and black) but with coloring muted or diluted (white, cream, gray).

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What country are you in? Do you know what purebreeds are locally popular?

She does have a look that's somewhat different from most natural landraces (street cats). So I would guess she probably has at least a small amount of purebred in her but I'm not sure which.

Are you sure her fur was cut? It doesn't really look like it in the pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

smelled

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
What country are you in? Do you know what purebreeds are locally popular?

She does have a look that's somewhat different from most natural landraces (street cats). So I would guess she probably has at least a small amount of purebred in her but I'm not sure which.

Are you sure her fur was cut? It doesn't really look like it in the pictures.
I'm from Australia, specifically Melbourne
her back fur was uneven and when we took her to the vet they confirmed her fur was cut.
also thank you I'll look at local cat breeds in my area

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I didn't know there were monasteries in Australia, lol. I was guessing somewhere in Southeast Asia. Silly me!

The pictures of Australian cats I've seen do tend toward the large muzzle pads. Perhaps the ships' cats that came in tended to be British Shorthairs (or the same landrace anyway). So that probably accounts for her facial features.

Other than that, probably a domestic longhair. She appears to have more medium-length fur, which means that in the summer her body fur will look almost shorthaired with just the floofy tail, and in the winter she'll have a full longhaired coat.

She's beautiful!

cataholic07

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is a longhair, you can tell from the long wisps of hair in her ears, they tend to be extra long in fluffy kittens. All longhair kittens tend to go through a short hair phase. It's not until 7 - 9 months that they start to look fluffy. I think she is a domestic longhair grey/white tabby.