I would like some advice on immunostimulants

Lillyenn

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So one of my girls tested positive for leukemia maybe more than a year ago, I think I even posted about it. She was a feral/stray previously and she is very cautious and picky with her food. We buy her high quality dry foods (grain free etc.), since that's what she likes the most, and sometimes she likes some wet food or chicken too. She's healthy right now, but I think that supplements could be useful for her health long term. The problem is, that she can smell DM Guard no matter how small the dose. Do you guys know of any liquid supplements that are less noticeable by smell than DM Guard? (Sorry if some words aren't right english is my second language)

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
di and bob di and bob has cats with FeLV and gives her cats DSG and LifeGold. I've tagged her so she can tell you more.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have leukemia and have done very well on the supplements DMG (a supplement to build up the immune system) and LifeGold (a supplement to help with cancers). Both can be bought and can be researched on Amazon, Walmart, and pet med sites. since I started them almost three years ago, my Yammy, who was the worst, has only been sick one time and that was relatively mild compared to the last time when he was diagnosed. He was almost dead, had lost over half his body weight, and was horribly sick. The vet said he had 'days'.....The meds can be given long-term. I give their supplements in a shared pack of Hartz Deletable Lickables in the stew flavors (they won't eat the others). It is a lickable treat. There are many others out there too. I put the medicine on a small plate first and cover it with a small amount of the treat, they have NEVER turned it down. When Yammy was getting so sick, and before he was diagnosed, this treat was the ONLY thing that kept him alive. He took a couple of licks of it a couple of times a day. I always have it around now in case one of them gets sick.
If your cat is older, over a year old, there is a good chance she is fighting it off. Kittens have the worst time with it, their prognosis isn't good. I don't know if my other two house cats have it, I have never had them tested because it wouldn't matter. They are mother and sons and I would never separate them. The vet said they most likely have it too, though they have never gotten as sick as the one. Thye are all 7 and 8 now, have lived going on three years after a diagnosis, and are all fat and sassy! I pray your little one does well too! Just make sure she is warm and well-fed and I highly recommend those two supplements. The DMG is made by Vetri-science. and also keep other starnge cats away from her, (housemates are OK) like those outside, their immune system can pick up any little virus and it is devastating for them