I worry too much about my cats health

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
So our new cat has some type of allergies. I've posted about it before. We're not fully sure what she's allergic to yet so it's a journey. It's been a month on new food and she doesn't seem to scratch her head as often anymore. However today she just casually scratched her side and just now I saw a cut there. We cut her back nails already and they're not sharp at all but yet she manages to hurt herself.
I get so worried about her health, small things like grooming more than usual and meowing make me instantly think something is badly wrong.
She's been here for 2 months now so I know it's normal for her to start talking to us more. She still plays a lot and eats well.
My last cat died very suddenly to an unidentified illness so that might be why I worry so much this time around.
Does anyone have any experience with feeling this way? Maybe it's just because this is my "first" cat at my own place without my parents.
Any advice is appreciated

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
And, to add to the above, indoor cats can also experience environmental allergies, so much to your dismay, they can't be ruled out even if your cat is indoors only.

I didn't go back to find your other thread, so I don't know if this issue existed before you adopted her or not. If not, and you changed her food when you got her, you might want to go back to 'square one' and feed her what she was previously eating. It could help to narrow down the possibilities of what is going on now.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Does she go outdoors at all? The reason I asked is because it's possible she has environmental allergies. If you think it might be food related this TCS Article may have some helpful information for you: 11 Key Facts About Food Allergies In Cats - TheCatSite
She doesn't go outside, we also switched out her litterbox filling and our washing detergent but that doesn't seem to be it

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
And, to add to the above, indoor cats can also experience environmental allergies, so much to your dismay, they can't be ruled out even if your cat is indoors only.

I didn't go back to find your other thread, so I don't know if this issue existed before you adopted her or not. If not, and you changed her food when you got her, you might want to go back to 'square one' and feed her what she was previously eating. It could help to narrow down the possibilities of what is going on now.
Yeah we did the square one thing, we don't know if she was allergic before so we she's been on the food she got at the shelter for a month now