I worry I'm not a good mum to my cats

catmum22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So I live by myself with my 2 cats I'm not home much because I live in a problem block of units I'm mainly only home to sleep and look after my girls I worry that because I'm not home much I'm not a good mum they have access to fresh food and water constantly and clean litter trays they have plenty of toys and a cat tree and are free to run everywhere in the unit, I'm only home really to sleep so we might have a quick play before bed but mostly cuddles, how much time should I spend with my cats a day? How much of it should be play?

hexiesfriend

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you feel this way. It looks like you are trying to take good care of your cats. If they are affectionate to you and you to them, you are spending enough time with them. The alternative is a hard life on the street. I have felt guilty in the past due to my work schedule. Do you keep the curtains open during the day to allow them to look out the window? That is their TV after all! It is something else to keep them busy.

msbedelia

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Sometimes we need to just be a "good enough" kitty-mommy. It sounds like you're "good enough." :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmum22

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yer there able to get on windowsill I don't leave curtains open accept bathroom, and thank you I needed the reassurance and yer there very affectionate they sleep with me every night, so atleast I know I'm being the best mum I can they do seem happy I was just worried, I just want them to have the best life I can give them they do get time outside in the courtyard too although my rescue cat maple has to stay on a very long lead and harness cause temptation is to much and she has to jump the fence