I wish I could find my stray a home, I am now giving him my cats premium food.

catlover7731

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I posted somewhere on the forum looking for a home for a beautiful stray that I am feeding. I can't take him in my apt. I all ready have 2 cats, and can't afford anymore. But I love this guy to death. He is very very friendly, he lets me pick him up, he purrs, and talks to you. I ran out of canned cat food for him, so I have been giving him dry. This morning he didn't want the dry and came to my door meowing( yes he can figure out where I live out of 100 apts. ) and I decided to give him my Hera's favorite Solid gold tuna. I just went out and bought a few for her for the next 2 wks and I will have to go out and buy some more I guess, but at least this cat really enjoyed it. I stood next to him and let him eat it in peace. He was really happy after. I guess I have the only stray cat who gets premium food.

tnr1

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
LOL....I think he's adopted you. As far as finding him a home....the best thing you can do is to network. Most rescues will not be able to take an additional cat...but sometimes if you are willing to 1. be the foster of the cat and 2. allow the rescue to keep the adoption fee and 3. neuter and vaccinate the cat....they will allow you to bring it to their adoption events. I would recommend this route as rescues tend to know the type of questions to ask and what people to look out for.

If that isn't possible...then the best thing to do is find a way to get this cat "seen"...take him to a place where people frequent...vet office, supermarket etc. However, it is still advisable that the cat is fixed and UTD on shots.

Good Luck

Katie