I wasn't gonna post this....

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I love growing my hair long and then cutting off over 12 inches at a time. I like the freedom and coolness it provides in summer. I just cut off about 8 inches on Saturday.

Good luck and remember you are helping a child cope with a horrible ordeal!

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Just remember that Locks of Love is a wonderful thing to give back to, as a licensed Barber/Cosmetologist I give any donater alot of respect for being so brave to cut it all off for a good cause. Anyways... How did it turn out? Did you cry? I would of, but my hair takes forever to grow back

jasmine-79

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've done this twice, it is so worth it. I know it's scary, especially the first time! Just remember, somewhere a child who has been sick as long as they can remember is going to recieve something to make their life just a bit more normal...what a smile they will have!!!

Your hair will grow back, but the hair you donate may be the only hair that child has!
BE BRAVE!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by adymarie

Good luck and remember you are helping a child cope with a horrible ordeal!
Someone needs to help my poor DH cope with it! I'm not sure if he just doens't like it or if he just needs time to adjust!
He didn't seem too happy last night and had to work late today, but seemed better when he did get home. I unno.

Originally Posted by trixie23

Just remember that Locks of Love is a wonderful thing to give back to, as a licensed Barber/Cosmetologist I give any donater alot of respect for being so brave to cut it all off for a good cause. Anyways... How did it turn out? Did you cry? I would of, but my hair takes forever to grow back
The final pics are here:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134342

I'm starting to get used to it now. I'm liking the feeling of a cool neck! My hair is thick, so removing that weight gave me some volume too. Not sure if it's all good volume! But then I just air dried it with no styling products at all today.

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by MoochNNoodles

Someone needs to help my poor DH cope with it! I'm not sure if he just doens't like it or if he just needs time to adjust!
He didn't seem too happy last night and had to work late today, but seemed better when he did get home. I unno.

The final pics are here:
http://www.thecatsite.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=134342

I'm starting to get used to it now. I'm liking the feeling of a cool neck! My hair is thick, so removing that weight gave me some volume too. Not sure if it's all good volume! But then I just air dried it with no styling products at all today.
For some reason men get very attached to their partners long hair - it is a sensual thing with them. Just keep being your usual loving self and he will adjust in no time. Or you can just remind him...hair grows back.

trixie23

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I saw the pics... It is cute both ways. If your hair gets to bulky or the thickness is still unbearable, even at its new length, it can easily be thinned with a thinning shear (not my first choice) or with a razor (better choice)... Something to think about the next time you get a trim. Layers also promote volume in all hair densities, but in a sense they help avoid dead weight...