I think this is one of the most beautiful mutts I have ever seen

mom2raven

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I am so glad that I know the answer now. I would not have guessed chow because he is not fuzzy lol. But he is a truly beautiful dog!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I wonder what color his tongue is?! Black would have been a dead give away.
True I didn't even think about that.....Good thing is tounge wasn't out

Originally Posted by catloverin_ks

Wow!! Would of never guessed that!!!
Me either!!!!!

Originally Posted by mom2raven

I am so glad that I know the answer now. I would not have guessed chow because he is not fuzzy lol. But he is a truly beautiful dog!
I forgot long hair is a gene, I always figure that the hair would be medium length with a long coat and short coat parent
I know nothing about genes!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by calico2222

LOL, I got here too late, and wouldn't have guessed it anyway. I was going to say Chuihaha.

Gorgeous dog though!!
Oh dear.....I would have to say no to that one

white cat lover

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I can still see the Shar Pei, but not the chow! Where do the big sticking up ears come from? They don't look right for a chow...

twstychik

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

I can still see the Shar Pei, but not the chow! Where do the big sticking up ears come from? They don't look right for a chow...
Thats what I was thinking... the shar pei is almost obvious but I still don't see the chow. Of course, he's so beautiful that I don't mind spending time staring at him trying to figure it out.

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by white cat lover

The woman who owns him said the owners of the Shar pei knew he/she breed with a near by chow chow.....
And she did say half of his litter had the long chow hair.

vixen16

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
OMGosh WHAT A BEAUTIFUL DOG!!!!!!!! I just wanna steel her!!! ((looks like a she to me... am I wrong?)) I dont think ive ever seen a more Beautiful Mix in my life!!!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Originally Posted by EnzoLeya
I got here to late but I would have guessed Shar Pei because of his Forehead/Eyes/part of his Muzzle, and Weimaraner because of his color and Body ((the way s/hes sitting)).... But Chow? Wow!! that wouldnt even have been my last guess!!

But im not clear on were exactly his Ears came from... so did I miss something?? ((ive never seen a Chow or Shar Pei with Pointy Ears))

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EnzoLeya

1,700 POINTS TO YOU!!!!!

WHOOOOOOOOO

That was a really hard one!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I guess half of his litter came out with the long hair gene and half with short hair. I never thought of chows and being that beautiful, but that mix is just gorgeous!!!!!
Hmmmm...even for a Shar pei, he doesn't have a proper coat...they have a thicker more 'stand uppish' type of short coat...not a short flat coat like that dog has...Wonder if there wasn't another daddy in the mix somewhere...Neither of the dogs he is 'mixed' with have his type of body build either...he is HUGE in bone structure...look at those feet!!!

faith's_mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by twstychik

I wonder what color his tongue is?! Black would have been a dead give away.
Not necessarily, there are other breeds who have black mottled tongues not just Chows or Chow mixes. I see a lot of Newfies, and Pyrs with mottled tongues.

hank_n_angel

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Wow, she is gonnaa be huge, look at those paws. I never would have guessed Chow, she is stunning

hopehacker

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
How about the other mix is the Spuds McKenzie Dog? I don't know the name of that breed as well as the SharPei.

I just googled Spuds McKenzie and the dog is a Bull Terrior. So I'll say Shar Pei and Bull Terrior.

plebayo

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
That's really funny she's a mutt because she looks a lot like a Thai Ridgeback! That's the first thing I thought when I saw the picture!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Plebayo

That's really funny she's a mutt because she looks a lot like a Thai Ridgeback! That's the first thing I thought when I saw the picture!
Oooo if that's what a Ridgeback looks like I would LOVE one!!!

starryeyedtiger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by faith's_mom

Not necessarily, there are other breeds who have black mottled tongues not just Chows or Chow mixes. I see a lot of Newfies, and Pyrs with mottled tongues.
Carolina Dog's like my Whiskey do too!