I Think My Kitten Is Very Sick!?

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This is really urgent. My little 2 month old kitten, Loki seems really sick. He vomited a frothy, spit- thingy twice today,is making hicupping/whimpering noises. He pooped on my bed , which he doesn't do( he uses the litter box) and then pooped a little bit once again when I noticed he had to use the litter box and put him in it. He is also sleeping alot. Also notice that a few hours ago he was acting as playful as ever, and suddenly to do all this.

P.S. He has also thrown up thrice yesterday, but I think it was because he ate alot of grass.

Please help me and tell me if this is normal for a kitten or not!

Edit: he pooped the third time now, it's only a little bit, but I'm very worried :(

Last edited:

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sounds like he might have an upset tummy. How is he behaving? If he's limp and lethargic he needs a vet as soon as possible. If he's still running around and being a kitten keep an eye on him and make sure he gets enough fluids and call the vet Monday.

Kittens present illness in unexpected ways. My kitten's fractured wrist showed up as a fever and anorexia.

ETA: What does his poop look like?

mom2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This is really urgent. My little 2 month old kitten, Loki seems really sick. He vomited a frothy, spit- thingy twice today,is making hicupping/whimpering noises. He pooped on my bed , which he doesn't do( he uses the litter box) and then pooped a little bit once again when I noticed he had to use the litter box and put him in it. He is also sleeping alot. Also notice that a few hours ago he was acting as playful as ever, and suddenly to do all this.

P.S. He has also thrown up thrice yesterday, but I think it was because he ate alot of grass.

Please help me and tell me if this is normal for a kitten or not!

Edit: he pooped the third time now, it's only a little bit, but I'm very worried :(
Take him to a vet asap! Better safe than sorry, believe me! I'm sure it's nothing serious, but could he have invested anything toxic or at a toxic plant? Aleve or any inpbuprofin type meds? If that's the case, they can flush out his kidneys and prevent acute renal failure, if not I'd still take him to be safe. I have my baby at the university of florida right now, he's 4 dying of chronic renal failure and hcm from an unethical breeder, nothing they can do but it was genetic. Renal failure is horrible, I doubt that's the case, but I'm a neurotic mommy and I'd take him to get checke. Its completely treatable if he ate something toxic if taken immediately. Good luck!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi
Sounds like he might have an upset tummy. How is he behaving? If he's limp and lethargic he needs a vet as soon as possible. If he's still running around and being a kitten keep an eye on him and make sure he gets enough fluids and call the vet Monday.

Kittens present illness in unexpected ways. My kitten's fractured wrist showed up as a fever and anorexia.

ETA: What does his poop look like?
His poop is water like, he is still throwing up froth. I'm literally in tears. We do not have a vet here,what do I do?

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We don't have a vet here! I'm worried!

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
We don't have a vet here! I'm worried!

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
What country are you in? someone may have some ideas so we can find a vet... your baby sounds very, very sick, and needs vet care...

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What country are you in? someone may have some ideas so we can find a vet... your baby sounds very, very sick, and needs vet care...
India. I'm in Patna, India.

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Guys, Loki is pooping a clear liquid. He now seems a very tiny bit better. He is walking without limping, and he is sleeping like a curled ball, not just spread over the floor like earlier. Since I have no vet, I am taking him over to a pet shop, maybe the shopkeeper has some ideas.

Oscar&Copper

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A quick google search reveals

Magadh Veterinary Hospital
Pets & Pups Clinic
Bihar Veterinary College
Patna Pet Vet Care Centre
Buddha Society For Animal Welfare

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update: I called up my dad, and luckily he found a vet. Apparently Loki has diarrhoea, and the doctor prescribed a few meds. Loki is currently sleeping from the effect of the medicine. Pray for my little one guys, and thank you so much for caring about him! ❤
artiemom artiemom mom2 mom2 Oscar&Copper Oscar&Copper @

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A quick google search reveals

Magadh Veterinary Hospital
Pets & Pups Clinic
Bihar Veterinary College
Patna Pet Vet Care Centre
Buddha Society For Animal Welfare
Thank you so much! You are such a kind person, thank you for helping me out x ^_^

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
What it is, I dont know. I suppose he did eat something he shouldnt. And yes, normally its a vet errand.

But with this much watery diarrhea, he must have salts and fluids. A clear unflavored pedialyte is good. Otherwise you can make your own; with water, honey and kitchens salts. Or if you can find and buy minerale water with minerale salts (you see on teh label). - its a very good source for such salts.

The basic recipe will be:

1 litre of water
1 soup spoon of honey
1 tea spoon of kitchen salt

Mix it by boiling up, cool down to body temp, use.

If he manage to drink himself, good - give as much as possible. If not, and enticing doesnt help - you must forcefeed into him. Use perhaps a dropper, and give dropwise in the corner of the mouth.... Every quart some amount...

Begin immediately now.

The same recipe is btw useful for humans - similiar to the WHO recipe, which has saved a lot of children and adults, surely also in India.

E Eira F

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What it is, I dont know. I suppose he did eat something he shouldnt.

But with this much watery diarrhea, he must have salts and fluids. A clear unflavored pedialyte is good. Otherwise you can make your own; with water, honey and kitchens salts. Or if you can fin buy minerale water with minerale salts (you see on teh label. - its a very good source.

The basic recipe will be:

1 litre of water
1 soup spoon of honey
1 tea spoon of kitchens salt

Mix it by boiling up, cool down to body temp, use.

If he manage to drink himself, good - give as much as possible. If not, and enticing doesnt help - you must forcefeed into him. Use perhaps a dropper, and give dropwise in the corner of the mouth.... Every quart some amount...

Begin immediately now.

The same recipe is btw useful for humans - similiar to the WHO recipe, which has saved a lot of children and adults, surely also in India.

E Eira F
I went to my mom's house yesterday, and I think Loki may have secretly consumed my mom's dog's food. Hmm. I think it's the dog food causing that. Thank you so much for the recipe! I just had a trip to the vet and one of the meds he prescribed is exactly what you suggested: The WHO powder. Thank you so much❤

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Dog food isnt suitable foodfor cats, but its not THAT bad... Unless it got rotten in the heat or something

Eira F

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I agree the dog food could be causing this issue. good luck and let us know how you are both doing
I'll make sure she never touches dog food again. Also, he's really better, eating fine now, meowing alot, and generally being annoying like always. He's such a cutie❤