I think I found lumps on my cat?

hayleyshaye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was picking up my almost 3 year old baby, and I felt something on her side near her front leg, like right behind her front leg on her rib area on the side. It was underneath her skin in her body and It felt like a bead but it’s bigger than a bead. I could move it around under her skin. I immediately started freaking out, I also noticed recently she’s been losing hair on her butt/tail and it seems like her hair is thinning a bit, but that could be a flea problem…? but I haven’t noticed any negative behavioral changes, except in the past couple of months she’s become very lovey and affectionate. (she was fixed when she was a little less than a year old so she isn’t in heat) She eats regularly, loves to eat. Her stomach has been a bit bloated too but she’s a skinny cat so it’s only her stomach that’s bloated, I felt it was odd, but I don’t think she has worms? She had worms as a kitten but we got it taken care of and she’s an indoor kitty so you don’t know how she would have gotten that. I felt the other side of her body and there’s another bump on her other side too in the same place and I can move it under her skin. I can’t tell if they’re different sizes, it feels like one may be slightly bigger than the other.

I can’t tell if I’m being paranoid or not! Is it normal for cats to have that behind their front legs on their side?? Should I be concerned?? Someone please tell me if they have experience with this. I can’t quite feel it on my other cat but he’s a bit bigger than her weight wise. I always worry about my pets! I can’t get her to the vet until next week, I get paid next wednesday so I wouldn’t be able to take her until at the earliest thursday and now I’m really worried and freaked out she’s going to die if I don’t get her to the vet. ):

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that these might be fatty lumps bu,t if you are able to get to the vet and determine that, you will know in case she is prone to developing them. I am not a vet, but in my opinion, it would be odd to develop the same serious lump in two symmetrical places on the body.

swanjun

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I've heard that if a lump is movable, that's generally a good sign. The test to confirm it's a fatty lump (or "lipoma") is quick, too. They'll just take a sample via fine needle aspiration and look at the extracted cells under a microscope.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

hayleyshaye

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks everyone so much for responding!! This puts my mind at ease a bit knowing that they could be fatty lumps and not something super super serious. But I suppose I’ll never truly know until I get her checked out! I will get her to the vet as soon as I can next week! Also, they’re not quite on the exact same place on both sides, one is a bit higher up than the other one I think but they’re generally in the same area though. So who knows lol. Again thanks everyone so much for your input!!