i think cat is having trouble with furball

SpaceDuck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
my cat mags is 1 year old, she's been gagging and nothing comes up, however, her stomach isnt swollen, she's eating regular meals, dry food and wet food in the mornings, she does seem a tad bit sleepy lately. she's usually sprinting around the house, seems to spend most of the day sleeping or being attached to me. i dont have much money, the vet right now isnt possible for a couple weeks when i get paid. is there anything i can do to help her?

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If it is a furball try giving her a pea size blob of original vasaline. It will help her pass it.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpaceDuck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
we dont have vasaline, i did read olive oil or butter would do the same trick. would it be safe to give her some?

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
laxitone and lots of brushing. No dry. That will not help. I like fancy feast classics turkey and giblets and sheba perfect portions roasted chicken or turkey

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I used Vaseline (petroleum jelly) with my first cat and he loved it! No so much for any of my cats after him. So, if that doesn't work, try a dab of margarine or butter on your finger or on her paw for her to lick off. If not that, you could add a drop or two of olive oil to her food. Feeby rarely coughs up a hairball, but frequently does do what your cat has been doing. My theory is that Feeby somehow 'dislodges' the hair so that is then passes through her system on its own.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SpaceDuck

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
i did just order some hairball gel to give her, that doesnt come till saturday. i'm just tryign top make her a little more comfortable until then. and then if it proceeds a few days or so after it'll be a vet trip to see if its more serious. thank you so much, for your help. i've been mildly sick with worry as this is my first cat.