I Switched My Cats Food Too Fast And Now They Have Diarrhea

rachelbearden

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone.
I hope you guys can help.
I have three cats and A week ago I switched their food. I am always very good about gradually introducing the new food, but this time, the new food was tastier than the old and my cats wouldn't eat the old anymore. If I mixed the two, they wouldn't touch it. So the transition happened a lot quicker than i would have liked.
Ever since the change, they have all had diarrhea. I clearly made a mistake, but now idk how to fix it. Do I need to try mixing the old food again? They are all acting normal, they still have appetites and there is no vomiting, just loose stools.
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
Rachel

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
Hi!
Try a 50:50 unseasoned boiled chicken and white rice, vets often prescribe this to help settle unhappy tummies.
keep an eye on things, I know you are and if need be you might need to take them in, but hopefully not :)

molly92

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would get some probiotics and add it to their food. You can get human ones, just try to get something from the refrigerated section (keeps the probiotics alive longer), and I like the lactobacillus acidophilus strain. You can sprinkle half a tablet on each meal.

Some people recommend pumpkin, because the good bacteria thrive on the fiber in pumpkin, but I think it's more effective to go straight to the source and add more good bacteria.