I Still Miss My Baby

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He was a big boy at 13.5 pounds at his peak. He was the best behaved cat I have ever had. No jumping on counters or the table. He learned fast and was not a sneak. He never bothered my trash area (Theo needs to be blocked out!). He LOVED to be combed and bathed. He was an amazing friend. He was beautiful.

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I am so glad I shot video of him while I could now that he is gone. Here is some video from about 2007. My wife was leaving me so I slept in the truck when she was home. He was so happy to see his daddy. he was squirming back and forth on the carpet. He loved when I talked to him.

les26

Sylvester's daddy
Top Cat
Purraise
He was an adorable big furball, so gorgeous with that fur! Did he used to get matted? Sylvester is a pretty furry guy and he gets matted and I have to take him to get a lion's cut twice a year, he doesn't like going but afterwards LOVES his new shorter Tuxedo!

I can see why you miss the little guy, his spirit lives with you still.....

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
He was an adorable big furball, so gorgeous with that fur! Did he used to get matted? Sylvester is a pretty furry guy and he gets matted and I have to take him to get a lion's cut twice a year, he doesn't like going but afterwards LOVES his new shorter Tuxedo!

I can see why you miss the little guy, his spirit lives with you still.....
I am proud to say that he never had a matt on him. I combed him every day. He was a joy to comb.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Of course you still love and miss him, you always will. He took a part of you when he left, but he also left a part of himself behind in your precious memories and the feelings you have for each other.
You gave him everything he ever wanted, a home and someone to love. Almost 16 years of sharing your life's journey. You can never replace the love you have for him, but you can add to it. It is the circle of life. When one life ends, another comes along to fill the emptiness that is left in your soul, but a small part will always remain. He will always be as close as your thoughts and prayers, because what you shared was spiritual, so eternal. "Death cannot take that which never dies", and the 'essence' that made precious Oliver who he was will always be.
You know Oliver better than anyone could, you know in your heart because he was such a sweet, loving boy he would never want to bring such sadness into your life. Just as you would want for him, if you were the first to go, embrace life and seek the joys and happiness it has to offer, as life is meant to be lived. Full of wonderful memories of loves gone by to guide you, and the hope and excitement of loves to come. Each one as unique and fragile as a snowflake, each one as priceless as any treasure we could ever hope to possess..
Send him thoughts of love and comfort and he will do the same. Those thoughts will bring peace to you both, and the knowledge that love will never end.....take care of yourself and that new baby, build memories to help you through the bad times, and build a life to let you live fully, because those that are left behind need to go into the future, because they will always possess the past. Bless you for loving that sweet boy so much.......RIP dear Oliver. You will forever be loved and never forgotten.....

Last edited:

Maria Bayote

Mama of 4 Cats, 4 Dogs , 2 Budgies & 2 Humans
Top Cat
Purraise
Oliver was a beautiful cat!

He left a mark on your heart, a mark that will live on and on for years. It is never easy. But soon you will just be thinking of him with more of a smile, than a gnaw in your heart.

Rhall

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Aww I understand. I lost my Jasper 1.5 years ago. I miss him. But I was able to open my heart to some new rescue babies. It doesn't replace him, I have grown new hearts for these 2. They are all so unique in behaviour. Have you considered another yet?
jasper.jpg

GaryT

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Aww I understand. I lost my Jasper 1.5 years ago. I miss him. But I was able to open my heart to some new rescue babies. It doesn't replace him, I have grown new hearts for these 2. They are all so unique in behaviour. Have you considered another yet?
View attachment 277615
yes, I have Theodore now.