I sent a DNA test off but growing impatient. What do you guys think??

cRumsey13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I rescued this kitten last month the week before Christmas by answering a FB rehoming post. They couldn't tell me anything other than he was about 4 months old. He was covered in fleas which we took care of right away. I took him to the vet and everything including blood work came back good. He also confirmed that he was almost 5 months old by his teeth. He so beautiful and reminds me so much of a ragdoll in not only looks but personality also. He looks to be a blue color point lynx in coat pattern, which is also incredibly soft. He does have a dark line that matches his color points that goes straight down his back through his cream colored fur and I can't seem to find that coat characteristic by searching online.
I sent his DNA off through base paws a little over a week ago but I was just wondering what everyone here thought.
Oh, and a funny little quirk that I've never personally encountered with any other cat is that he will stash his kibble! He will bury some in the back right corner of his litter box, deposit some in his toy basket, and I've found some in the creases of his bed. Everytime I clean his stashes out I will find more the next day. I don't mind, I just find it kind of quirky and funny.

Attachments

Lucy&Petra

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He's very adorable congratulations! It looks to me (and I'm no DNA test lol) like you've got a ragdoll tabby mix.

By the way, what he's doing with his food is likely a sign of living with food insecurity. Maybe he had a hard life for a bit and is still worried about his next meal. This really has nothing to do with feelings about you, it's more just probably working through some bad memories. It will likely go away with time.

Let us know what the test says I'm so curious!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

cRumsey13

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He's very adorable congratulations! It looks to me (and I'm no DNA test lol) like you've got a ragdoll tabby mix.

By the way, what he's doing with his food is likely a sign of living with food insecurity. Maybe he had a hard life for a bit and is still worried about his next meal. This really has nothing to do with feelings about you, it's more just probably working through some bad memories. It will likely go away with time.

Let us know what the test says I'm so curious!!
Thank you. I definitely will! 🐱

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The money bet is he is a nice domestic longhair, blue lynx point.

But if you want a fancy label, you can choose between a ragdoll mix, or a Neva Masquerade mix...

Maurey

Maine Coon Madness
Top Cat
Purraise
Lynx point DLH. No relevant degree of breed ancestry, as is the majority (>95%) of the cat population. Cat DNA tests are a scam — they even say so in their own small print. Your cat will have an eventual ancestor from Thailand (whether Siamese or landrace with the CP gene), but it’s unlikely to be recent enough for your cat to be called a mix. The CP gene was introduced into the randombred cat population a long time ago.

More info on popular cat “breed test” sites being scammy in a post by lutece, who had a pedigree Chartreux come back as a mix composed of breeds never involved in Chartreux development from a BasePaws test.
Help! What breed do you think my kitty is

Basepaws even admit that the majority of cats don’t have breed ancestry so their test is basically lying to you to make the results look interesting 16F2A32C-9716-4710-97F5-0192500C85AE.jpeg

Meowmee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
He does look ragdollish to me. What a beauty, those eyes 😻Without any background information etc. he would be a domestic longhair lynx point, that is most likely what he is.

Flybynight

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
cRumsey13 cRumsey13
Ragdolls as a breed were created from a mix of long hair domestic cats with domestic cats with Siamese color points.
Being long hair and having the color points could show a recent Ragdoll in the gene pool.
As Ragdolls are one of the more popular breeds at this time he could very well have a parent who was a Ragdoll.

Beautiful kitten ❤