I Screwed Up (chocolate)

KarenKat

Kitty on the half shell, tortie power!
Top Cat
Purraise
if this were masterchef but for cat food i think gordon ramsay would've screamed in my face.
THIS IS DISGUSTING! The texture is watery, I’m sorry but it’s just bland! And you’ve had how many months as an executive chef!? This looks like the cats dinner!

What? Oh, it is the cats dinner. Hmm.

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
"aquaria is my cat's name... yes i decided this before she won"

Love it! Great name and great winner! We're fans!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey guys its 6am and just went into room.

i think she just doesnt like anything left over from the fridge and prefers fancy feast (small cans that can be finished instantly) rather than petcurean. also she has a big stomach and im suspecting worms. either way shes going to the vet today. meowing weird. will update again, thank you so much

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
"aquaria is my cat's name... yes i decided this before she won"

Love it! Great name and great winner! We're fans!
hey same, i thought i was the only one here watching. everyone else seems to be on reddit haha

Poor kitty, sending good vibes! :vibes:
yup 4 or so more hours until vet opens... im also hoping all will be ok

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I named my cat Raja...obviously after the win. LOL. No we're fans and many of my son's friends do drag as well.

tangers40

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
.....is my cat the only strange one that will eat her wet food cold, straight out of the fridge?

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
Olive eats all the things. I feel better adding the warm water, lol.

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
hey guys thanks a lot. vet said i was up to my paranoid self. BUT i ****ed up really bad bc i used a ceramic bowl to feed her once or twice and her teeth enamel fell out??? apparently this is permanent rip. i will not use that bowl anymore

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
she said her lethargy was just her being not in the mood to play, now my cat is just staring up at me with this sort of mischievous look like i just wasted my bucks lol i still love her though. worth it to get my doubts cleared but i need less paranoia

thanks guys!

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Well, I named my cat Raja...obviously after the win. LOL. No we're fans and many of my son's friends do drag as well.
yessss raja is queen. her marie antoinette look was stun

RajaNMizu

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
i used a ceramic bowl to feed her once or twice and her teeth enamel fell out???
That doesn't sound right. A lot of people use ceramic bowls.

I've always loved her favorite drag look. She was lovely at dragcon.

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
That doesn't sound right. A lot of people use ceramic bowls.

I've always loved her favorite drag look. She was lovely at dragcon.
sorry i was half asleep when typing this. i meant porcelain. i kept hearing her teeth hit on the bowl and thought it was no big deal until today's vet visit. time to go back to the plastic bowls :(

also im so jealous, i wish i could go to dragcon but im all the way in asia...

2BSH

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
.....is my cat the only strange one that will eat her wet food cold, straight out of the fridge?
My boy will eat any food. Straight out of the fridge and all. He is not picky and loves loves loves wet food. Will not touch dry food with a ten foot poll :crackup:

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its probably not evaporation, but splatter of chocolate on the top.
Either that and/or the chocolate odor permeating their food which they might not like and refuse food.

sdkfjlasdf

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Its probably not evaporation, but splatter of chocolate on the top.
Either that and/or the chocolate odor permeating their food which they might not like and refuse food.
you mean actual condensation or the chocolate dripping on the food?

yeah she prefers to eat straight from the can now and so i cant even put stuff into the fridge bc she hates leftovers...

MRG2018

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
you mean actual condensation or the chocolate dripping on the food?

yeah she prefers to eat straight from the can now and so i cant even put stuff into the fridge bc she hates leftovers...
Chocolate dripping in the food, just tiny splatters. It could be either that or the smell.

4horses

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My cat ate chocolate chip muffins once and was just fine- no medical attention needed. Dark chocolate is the worst but chocolate in America is definitely not the same as real German chocolate. Most chocolate here contains very little cocoa.

Here's a list from most to least toxic
  1. Cocoa powder (most toxic)
  2. Unsweetened baker’s chocolate
  3. Semisweet chocolate
  4. Dark chocolate
  5. Milk chocolate
  6. White chocolate (not very toxic)
Since my cat only ate milk chocolate, he was not at a high risk. The vet did say to give peroxide to make him throw up. The peroxide did nothing. I guess he has a very strong stomach.

If your cat is still sick, you should go the vet.

You should not warm cat food in the microwave - my cats have never refused cold food. Plus heating food destroys heat sensitive vitamins..

Heat is used for food to improve digestibility- think of rice and pasta. However it does reduce the nutritional content. Raw meat should be cooked to remove pathogenic bacteria. If you fed fresh prey directly to your cat, then it doesn't need cooking because it wouldn't be contaminated.

I don't agree with feeding raw meat because of where that meat comes from with factory farming. Pretty much all supermarket meat is contaminated. If you want to feed raw, buy directly from a farm where you can inspect the facilities.

It sounds like your cat may have health problems, but they are unrelated to anything you have fed him or her.

KarenKat

Top Cat
Purraise
orry i was half asleep when typing this. i meant porcelain. i kept hearing her teeth hit on the bowl and thought it was no big deal until today's vet visit. time to go back to the plastic bowls
I don’t recommend plastic for food or water. Plastic tends to absorb smells and bacteria over time, and often cats can smell that and won’t eat or drink (especially if picky).

Ceramic or metal bowls are usually preferred. I hadn’t heard of those causing an issue with teeth though. Wide, shallow bowls or plates are preferred as well so the whiskers don’t touch the sides and it’s easier for he cat to get to the sides of the bowl.