I recently got 4 kittens

tatonka1233

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello!

I recently was given 4 kittens to take care of. They are around 6 weeks old, the mama left them in a garage and never came back. I am friends with the person who found them, and so they asked me if I could take them in. I have an appointment to get them checked out and make sure they get what they need from the vet. I currently keep them in my room or the laundry room because I have a dog, he is not friendly with other cats. I just want them to be safe.

Is there anything I need to do before I keep/give them away?

I have an older cat, Duracell, she is spayed. She is the only cat in the house besides the kittens. She is not very excited about the new additions. Is there anything I can do to help that situation either?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Are the kittens handleable? it sounds as if the momma were more or less semiferale, and thus the kittens not used with humans.

Its essentially they get socialized NOW, when its still fairly easy. Either by you, or by the adopters...

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tatonka1233

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Are the kittens handleable? it sounds as if the momma were more or less semiferale, and thus the kittens not used with humans.

Its essentially they get socialized NOW, when its still fairly easy. Either by you, or by the adopters...
The kittens are very friendly. Two of them are skittish compared to the other two, but overall they are great. I can pet them and play with them more each day. I was told that the mama cat was a friendly cat before she disappeared, and that my friend and her daughter would go in the garage to give them food everyday and attempt to play with them.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
If mom by chance shows up, do get her spayed. Thanks for caring for the kittens!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tatonka1233

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Yes, I am in contact with the owner that gave them to me. If she sees the mama she is gonna try to trap her and bring her to me so I can get her spayed. Honestly she hasn't shown up in 2 weeks and I am afraid a coyote got her.