I quit!!

cheeseface

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by Mom2SalemIsis

he actually asked me to quit 3 years ago ... i tried several times and kept failing i kept using life as my reason to smoke. "my moms deathly sick, im depressed, i got mad and needed a release" I just don't have any excuses anymore. I need to do this not only for me but for my family as welll. I was at my moms side when she took her last painful breath and succumbed to the copd and lung cancer and empsyhema. I don't want to do that to my family! I hope that I am quitting early enough to maybe fix some of the damage I have caused myself.
Wow... I hope that continues to offer some inspiration to quit. Good luck!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Orig. from Texas.. Currently in Minnesota (again)
well today has gone by and so far i have only actualy thought to myself " id like to have a smoke right about now" 2 times!!!!! I have chewed 3 pieces of gum and had..nevermind..we wont talk about the diet i totally blew it today lol. i will try to make up for it by being good for dinner lol. they turned my pone off today (its a good thing i changed my email already back to my yahoo lol. grrr i hate not having a job. i finished cleaning the house today though YAY! gotta go fix dinner be back later... maybe

sweetiecat3

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

.. I'll show her lol
Yes!

You are on the right track, keep going, we're all routing for you!!!

^^^^^^^^^^^^Exactly!^^^^^^^^^^^^^

KitEKats4Eva!

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yahoo! I bought some patches today. I think they will help because I smoke so little but can't seem to kick just that small amount. So we'll quit together!!

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KitEKats4Eva!

Yahoo! I bought some patches today. I think they will help because I smoke so little but can't seem to kick just that small amount. So we'll quit together!!

yay!!!

I wish you all the luck in the world. "We can quit together"
thats cool!!!!!!

i have found that it actually hasn't been that difficult except when i get upset or the kids start getting on my nerves lol thats when i really want one. as long as i stay busy i am fine its when im bored that i really want to smoke bad!!

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
So how are you doing now? Still smoke-free? I hope so! But man, this quitting smoking thing is HARD!

I guess I can officially say that I've quit as well. Last one was on Saturday. I've been irritable all week, but I'm trying really hard to recognize it and laugh at myself.
What I didn't expect is that I would be so HUNGRY! I thought it was just supposed to be the hand-to-mouth thing that made people gain weight, but I don't think it is.

abbycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I quit smoking most succesfully by taking zyban. I smoked 2 packs of kools a day.... I quit for 4 years and then got a really nasty divorce, which I am sorry to say I started again. When I quit again, which is soon(I have been non smoker as long as a smoker) I will go on zyban again..It works!!!!!

ilovecats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm rooting for you! Your loved ones, including your cats will thank you for it!

Go you!

mom2salemisis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
sorry I havent been back on to update i have been really busy lol. ok so

1. diet---crashed out the window lol
2. smoking -- umm well i fell off for a couple days and when i got the headache from smoking again i threw them away and havent had or wanted one since no craving no nothing like i never even started. i don't even miss them. no chewed pen caps or anything.

valanhb

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise

2. smoking -- umm well i fell off for a couple days and when i got the headache from smoking again i threw them away and havent had or wanted one since no craving no nothing like i never even started. i don't even miss them. no chewed pen caps or anything.
Good for you! Whatever it takes to make it stick.

Diets, on the other hand......

jeanor

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congrats and good luck.

I didn't know if you knew you can download a quit smokings stats counter from the internet. You enter your age, how many cigarettes you smoked per day, how much they cost etc. and then it keeps track of the following....

how many cigaretts you haven't smoked
how much money you have saved
how much time you have added to your life
and it seems like there is one more thing, but I can't remember.

I have a friend who quit (cold turkey) quite a few years ago and I know that stats meter was a huge help for her and it was so much fun to watch the numbers grow. She also joined a quit smoking forum.

Best of luck!!