I need to IMMEDIATELY surrender or re-home my cats, I need them gone preferably by tomorrow to be safe, but by Monday at the least.

PrinceKeyes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have spoken to everyone I can think for, made the normal social media posts, and have not been able to find anyone willing to take them even temporarily. I have been trying to contact shelters and such but they are mostly either closed or only take scheduled surrenders. What can I do? I want them to be safe.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I have spoken to everyone I can think for, made the normal social media posts, and have not been able to find anyone willing to take them even temporarily. I have been trying to contact shelters and such but they are mostly either closed or only take scheduled surrenders. What can I do? I want them to be safe.
How many cats do you have and where are you located?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

PrinceKeyes

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Indoor, yes, and I have 2 boys.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Ok, so you're not too far from Minneapolis and St Paul. This weekend is incredibly challenging but can you keep calling shelters, rescues, vets (sometimes they have sources) .. ..

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Not sure what being placed elsewhere means relative to their safety, but you need to come up with other solutions at least temporarily. If you can share more, maybe some members here can give you other ideas/options.

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
This is from someone who has been there regarding the challenge of rehoming cats, and knows how to get the job done :) My point being, utilize your phone and computer to the nth degree for your cats :heartshape:
Jcatbird Jcatbird
I am on a limited income but have managed to rescue and rehome 32 cats. I ask everyone I meet if they know anyone who will give a fur ever home. The vet, the post man, the grocer, my doctor, nurse, tax preparer and contact every rescue group in this state and those nearby. I still have more to go but getting there.
These cats were being shot, burned, tortured and abuse. I gained their trust, started feeding them and one by one brought them in to calm them for adoption and vet care. It is a long and pricey process but some shelters offer discount vet services, spay/neuter and immunization. Go online. Network!
Many pet food and pet supply companies will send you coupons if you contact them. I called. DON'T give up. If you are a cat guardian you're a kitty hero!

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Here is something I found on the Washington County Humane society website

The H.E.L.P. Program

H.E.L.P. (Humane Emergency Link-Up Program) assists owners in retaining ownership of their pet. For emergency situations the program can assist with veterinary costs, temporary boarding of pets, pet deposits, etc. ($100 limit). Any Washington County resident who is currently experiencing a hardship due to the economic climate may qualify. Additional requirements are proof of financial hardship, such as unemployment benefits, proof of pending foreclosure, notice of bankruptcy, or workers’ compensation benefits. This program is dependent upon available funding.

treeclimber

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Here is a list of animal rescue groups near you. Some are based out of the homes of volunteers who foster, so you may not have found them yet if you’ve been calling shelters. Even if they can’t take the cats themselves, they may know a rescue in another city that can and a volunteer who can transport them.

Due to your use of the word “safe” I am guessing that this situation may involve a threat of violence or abuse from another human. If that’s the case, call a domestic violence shelter. Even if the situation is something other than domestic violence (or it it is but you don’t want to go to a shelter yourself) they can still help you get your cats to safety if there is some threat of violence you need to get the cats away from. And that kind of organization is almost definitely still answering the phones during the holiday season.