I need some advice!

kumbulu

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Kellye, please check in with us regularily too at the time, so that we know you're OK. If you do have to be home, you could be 'very busy' on the computer so that it gives him the message to leave you alone. If I weren't thousands of miles away, I'd come and stay with you in a heartbeat. Take care cobber.

rosiemac

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
If theres anything most men hate it's a woman who stands up for herself!.

My brother is a boxing coach and he taught me how to throw a right hook, just in case!.

Theres a lot of good advice been given though. Keep us informed.

squirtle

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don't have anything else to offer, you have some good advice here. I would try to stay gone as much as possible. I was originally going to tell you to tell your landlady that you do NOT want this man in your place, however, I don't know how possible that is. It just seems that if you have had problems with him previously, it should not even be an option to use him for the roof.... But I guess I don't know enough about the situation. Just always remember to trust your intuition. If you feel that uncomfortable, it's probably not a good idea to be alone with him. Trust your gut.

tulip2454

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
A lot of good, if somewhat violent, advise here! The bloke wont know whats hit him if something should go down! However, I think the outdoor stuff is probably best, libraries and lattes. Can he actually do the roof on his own or will he need other help? I assume he will be there only in the day time so getting out and about, although a bit of a pain, is probably your best bet. Anyway you dont know what you might learn and discover on these enforced trips

See that part as an adventure and an opportunity.
You take care and remember it is probably only for a couple of weeks. He wont be able to drag it out as although your landlord may like him and wont to help out it may cost more than she is willing to pay in hard cash. Will he have to work weekends as well.
Will there actually be anytime when you will HAVE to confront him. If you look at the situation calmly(difficult I know) you may be able to avoid him totally.
Alexis

cilla

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Kiwideus would it be at all possible for you to get someone to stay with you for a couple of weeks, or at least during the day while he is there? Can you think of anyone at all? Wish I was near

sweets

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
All good advise. Did you report the original problem to the police? If so, call them and let them know he will be on your property hired by your landlady for the next few weeks. Ask them to do drive bys a few times a day, and if you're really nervous, to do a Welfare Check once a day.

One piece of advise I feel I need to challange is the advice NOT to look him in the face. Don't stare him in the face, but the refusal to meet his eyes will be perceived as weakness.

Sandy

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kiwideus

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
THanks guys...

Nope, I did not report anything to the police, I should have, especially when he visited all these people to find out if I had been talking about him - talk about paranoid!
I do know that his father was a paranoid schizophrenic and his girlfriend has said to me that she thinks he has a mental illness but he won't see a doctor.

More chores are needed to be done on the farm so I will go there as much as possible and not be home as much as possible (hopefully) Also, Jake took in a second job so then I will be working more at his first one doing what needs to be done. Thank goodness it is spring, so it will be easier to get out and about.

Jellybelly, in answer to your question, he punched one of the girls on my volleyball team when she told him to leave her alone - we all saw it, but she wouldn't go to the police. I don't know why. I should have done it for her. He also tried to go to her place and thankfully I was online at the same time as her so she pretended not to be home when he came knocking. His beef against me is because I told him not to bother me, and he caught me talking to his girlfriend telling her that I don't like what he does to her.

I think, after all your advice, I will be okay. Thanks everyone