I need help

Nakia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Okay so I have an 9 months old kitten and her stomach is big and her nipples is pink with white specks on them… I don’t know if she’s pregnant or not… she looks pregnant

StanAndAlf

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
If she's allowed to roam outdoors, then she is almost definitely pregnant and from your description she sounds rather far along. I would take her to a vet regardless for a check up and discuss a neutering plan.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Nakia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Sounds like it. Does she have access to outside?
[/QUOTE
Yes she has access to outside… I just noticed one day she was bigger and heavy then she was so I rolled her over and look at her nipped they is enlarged and pink with white spot on them

Nakia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If she's allowed to roam outdoors, then she is almost definitely pregnant and from your description she sounds rather far along. I would take her to a vet regardless for a check up and discuss a neutering plan.
But I’m the meantime what should I do? Should I take a picture of her belly so you guys can see

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Schedule a vet visit to make sure shes healthy. And keep her indoors so she doesnt give birth outside or gets injured and its unable to care for her babies. It's recommended kittens stay with their mom for 8 weeks. Then from there, you can rehome them.

Nakia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Schedule a vet visit to make sure shes healthy. And keep her indoors so she doesnt give birth outside or gets injured and its unable to care for her babies. It's recommended kittens stay with their mom for 8 weeks. Then from there, you can rehome them.
Should I send you a pic of her stomach so you can see what I’m talking about?

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
www.kittenlady.org
This website is very complete and will help you to know what to do. At this point it is important that you keep her inside. Nine months is very young and she will need a safe place inside for herself and the kittens.

You can still get a lot of help here during this time, but taking her to a vet is a good idea as they can help you and let you know when the babies might be due. If she has been indoor and outdoor on a regular basis this might be hard to determine but do you think you know when she got pregnant? Did you notice a heat cycle or hear calling or see her mate? Just trying to determine how far along she is.

Nakia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s actually 11 months I had her since last year august

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
11 months is still young. You def dont want her to have babies outside with all those yuckies out there. Kittens are so prone to getting sick

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You probably dont need to go to a vet NOW if you are tight on money, and she seems reasonably healthy.... But of course, do continue to prepare for her babies.... They are surely coming in about 2 weeks, Read on, get home some gears... Be sure she gets good, calcium rich food. Goats milk is a good tip.

The main advantage with a vet visit now, is, you get registered as a paying patient, and will have it easier to phone and ask questions if such need arises. Or demand to rush her in in an emergency.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
She’s definitely pregnant. Prepare for kittens and plan to spay your cat when the kittens are 8 weeks old. You can post a picture of her. We’d love to see her belly as well as the rest of her! Please keep her inside only until she is spayed.

Nakia

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She’s definitely pregnant. Prepare for kittens and plan to spay your cat when the kittens are 8 weeks old. You can post a picture of her. We’d love to see her belly as well as the rest of her! Please keep her inside only until she is spayed.
Can I send you a pic thru Gmail cus it’s saying the file too large